JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Listen to Lost & Found Tracks!

Hero1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do u know y im not feeling those trax as much as i should, this is gonna sound really dumb but it was bcoz Will was on that awful rap show. Tim Westwood, whenever i have listened to it has played hardcore hip hop, your 50 cent, eminem, dr dre stuff like that. So when i heard Will was on that show i was a little confused. So when i hear the tracks with westwood DJ his rubbish smashed glass noises all the way thru and shouting "boooo" it put me off.

Dont get me wrong i do love the tracks and i love Wills agression, but when i heard it on that show it came across to me as more hardcore, which i know Will isnt and these tracks arnt hardcore, its just hearing them on that show. If you all get me.

I think the songs that they played will probably be the hardest ones on there bcoz of the type of show, they prob wouldnt play stuff like switch on westwood.

I wanna hear these tracks in full without any dj talking thru it and not on my comp, then i know i will love them. (and when im not in a bad mood from crashing my car).

I just played these snippets for some friends who don't enjoy Will's music but tolerate it because of me and they really liked these tracks. I think the beats and topic will really show today's new hip hop fans what we've known for awhile. All my friends said he should have released one of these instead of Switch though. I'm really feeling the freestyle.

Yeah, my brother also doesn't like Will and I played him the tracks and he said ''Yes, it's very different now and way better than his old stuff!'' Ok, I like almost anything by Will and also his old stuff 4 sho' but the important thing is, my brother liked it and wants the tracks! Haha Will is back better than eva ladies and gentleman!!! :thumb: :roll:

do u know y im not feeling those trax as much as i should, this is gonna sound really dumb but it was bcoz Will was on that awful rap show. Tim Westwood, whenever i have listened to it has played hardcore hip hop, your 50 cent, eminem, dr dre stuff like that. So when i heard Will was on that show i was a little confused. So when i hear the tracks with westwood DJ his rubbish smashed glass noises all the way thru and shouting "boooo" it put me off.

Dont get me wrong i do love the tracks and i love Wills agression, but when i heard it on that show it came across to me as more hardcore, which i know Will isnt and these tracks arnt hardcore, its just hearing them on that show. If you all get me.

I think the songs that they played will probably be the hardest ones on there bcoz of the type of show, they prob wouldnt play stuff like switch on westwood.

I wanna hear these tracks in full without any dj talking thru it and not on my comp, then i know i will love them. (and when im not in a bad mood from crashing my car).

I can feel ya but the sounds don't disturb that much, I think! :switch:

Well Julie, according to Tim, Westwood has always been into Will. Radio is really about giving people what they wanna hear. IF someone would save up money to have an old school radio station, then those fans would listen.

Hey Em gets played on their radio. Will just got played. Maybe Em was listening.

After hearing Switch, Party Starter, and Pump Ya Brakes. I agree that this is more rough, or Code Reddish U could say. IT's actually more than Code Reddish.

It's hard for me to tell how Will is going about this. It a way, it feels like money hunger. But he's got the money from movies, so this is for his enjoyment of the art. The lyrics really make it retro. Well, he's coming different. I hear somehting different every time, at least from all the cds I got of Will so far.

• Admin

westwood deserves respect! jazzy jeff & fresh prince were rockin it with westwood 18 years ago! that was 1 of the best interviews with will ive heard in a long time..he knew what will did in hip hop and gave him his props..

and 2 fuq..qill aint being hard 4 the money..as he said on the radio show..with no movies or tv show to worry about he could really focus on himself as an emcee and his skillz..and it was just a natural development for him to come out that aggressive cause hes got the confidence and hes really feelin it on the mic at the moment!!

OKAY IGNORE MY POSTS BEFORE.. about me not being able to hear these until im back home. I luckily enough brought my USB pen (Cheers Brakes) hear to uni with me so have downloaded these snippets and can take them to my cpu at my uni home to listen to them. Cheers Tim for these, i'll be abck online tommorow to let you knwo what i think :switch: