JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will freestyling over the "How We Do" beat

Hitch203

• Members

>Oh what a nice thread I thought, everything was looked just fine until i saw this line

" I can't believe that WILL SMITH, Mr. 20 million a film"

What... you cant call him that... he's a... a... rapper... im a li'l shocked...<

lol, i didn't mean that in a disrespectful way, i just couldn't believe that someone who is as established in Hollywood as Will Smith could still come back to what many people thought he probably couldn't and be that good, it was a pleasent surprise. you don't expect probably the biggest movie star in the world to be able to drop a hot verse, it's very unusual. Will aint normal, lol.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Oh what a nice thread I thought, everything was looked just fine until i saw this line

" I can't believe that WILL SMITH, Mr. 20 million a film"

What... you cant call him that... he's a... a... rapper... im a li'l shocked...<

lol, i didn't mean that in a disrespectful way, i just couldn't believe that someone who is as established in Hollywood as Will Smith could still come back to what many people thought he probably couldn't and be that good, it was a pleasent surprise. you don't expect probably the biggest movie star in the world to be able to drop a hot verse, it's very unusual. Will aint normal, lol.

:werd: He ain't normal, that's why he's a legend, God has blessed him in many ways, freestylin' to me ain't no different than writing songs me 'cause I know since I'm an inspiring mc, sometimes when things are on your mind, you could put it to rhyme, either writing it or freestyling it, sometimes freestyles are pre-written, KRS-ONE said on the Enhanced version of "I Got Next" that some of the freestyles he does are pre-written, there ain't nothing wrong with that, anyway you could express yourself and deliver the flow as an artist is dope, even actors freestyle, they improvise lines as they go along in the filming.

Just to clear things up when it comes to freestyle there are two definitions:

1. When a rapper makes up as he goes along his rap. Its totally of the top of the head and has never been pre-written, pre-thought or pre- sripted

2. When a rapper takes an already written verse and rhymes it over another beat.

Whichever one it was it was still a freestyle but what is unquestionable is how dope it was!!

kind of off topic here but does this mean Will is still in the country? i thought he was leaving wednesday :dunno:

Julie took him hostage, he's never leaving !! :kekeke:

The beat with Will rapping over it is sick. The beat with 50 & Game rapping on it makes it suck. It's all in the lyrics for me. I really don't care how hot the beat is you still have to say something. That one verse Will kick over "How We Do" is 10 times better than the entire song 50 & Game recorded.

This albums not going platinum - it's going double uranium son! Double Uranium! :rock: Any doubts in my mind have been lifted. The freestyle he spat was hot. Snippets of Pump Ya Brakes and Partystarter were nice, I was feeling it. It was werid though, the words he replaced in Girls ain't Nothin but Trouble: "she asked me if I liked her" to "she asked me if I was horny", "pushed her away" to "I punched her in the chin".

• Members

ok first of all i am a big of a will fan as all of u but 50 cent and the game's sng how we do was better thanthe freestyle the game is gonna bring bag oldschool gangtsa rap son

haha sorry, Wills never making another album or movie again bcoz hes at my house.

Seriously tho, it would be interesting to hear all of lost and found and see if he has taken that verse from the album like he did with girls aint nothin but trouble. If its not on lost and found im thinkin it might be a freestyle, he seems to warm up at that start and then he really gets into it more as he goes along.

Ive seen him do a 2 line freestyle when a presenter said make up a freestyle about newcastle and he did it just like that, that was 2 lines tho.

Ive seen him do a 2 line freestyle when a presenter said make up a freestyle about newcastle and he did it just like that, that was 2 lines tho.

haha!!!!

"when i'm runnin through the streets other places they give me hastle

but i'm down by law when i role in Newcastle!"

...or sumthing like that lol