JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will freestyling over the "How We Do" beat

Hitch203

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem. while i was listenin to that my face had that confused look the whole time, lol, I can't believe that WILL SMITH, Mr. 20 million a film, can flow like that. he's nice.

Oh what a nice thread I thought, everything was looked just fine until i saw this line

" I can't believe that WILL SMITH, Mr. 20 million a film"

What... you cant call him that... he's a... a... rapper... im a li'l shocked...

He definately freestyled it, he's been rhyming for about 25 years now, longer than a lot of rappers out right now have been currently living, when he gets in a creative groove, he could do anything still even at 36, Chuck D's 44 and is about to come back at a high level again too, James Brown's in his 70's and still can hype the crowd up too when he performs, they still have more fire than cats half their age, I don't ever expect to touch them, anyone to diss them is stupid.

• Members

i don't think any really believes he freestyled that, as in off the top of his head, on the spot, no rehearsal, that was definitly a pre-written rap but who does freestyle nowadays? you'd be hard-pressed to find a rapper who really freestyles. regardless, will smith came better on that beat than Game and 50 combined.

Will had to of freestyled. U can just tell from his delivery. U should check out FuQ's Music Page. I got some freestyles up. U should listen to them. Freestylin' really is a possibility for a lot of talented artists. Will's probably more capable than many artists today.

Of course he did better than Game and 50 combined because Will exerted his talent. The others didn't. They just made nothing really.

"Fresh like, uh/ impala uh/ chrome hydrolics, 8-0-8 drum/ U don't want none/"

I can't imagine writing lyrics like that on a piece of paper. There's not enuff. Will puts enuff in, and keeps it down to earth.

U know we're in a sad age when we're already looking back to the 90s. Of course times change, but it's like "What is this?!?"

• Members

a freestyle is when you just start rapping and its not pre-written, pre-thought about or anything, do you guys REALLY think thats what will was doing? the beginning parts where he goes "tim westwood / doin it good" and all that stuff before the verse was him freestyling sort of, but the actual verse was definitely not a freestyle, people don't freestyle like that. i'm sorry for saying "freestyle" in my title, Will never claimed it was a freestyle, i'm just so used to saying that since thats what mixtape dj's call all of their unreleased songs with rappers over other peoples beats. i'm sure will smith CAN freestyle, i'm not denying him, i'm just saying that this particular verse was definitely pre-written, you can tell. well, i can tell.