JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The "I Bet Lost and Found will Sell..."-Thread

J-2-K

• Members

Will is on Promotion-Tour right now. Everybody knows that he's got a new Movie and a new Album. The Cinemas love Will, but what about the CD-Players? I think the success of "Lost And Found" will be bigger than "Born To Reign"! I guess it will sell over 3 Million times in the USA. And Worldwide about 7 Million. People are talkin' about that "Mr. Nice Guy" Song. Will is hyping his Album very Well. "Born To Reign" had Promotion. Many people thought "Black Suits Comin'" was just recorded for "Men In Black II", they didn't even know about the Album.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it will go gold in the US and sell about 3-4 million worldwide

:werd: I agree with that, that's a realistic amount for him to do, 3-4 million worldwide would be great,ol' school hip-hop is appreciated more around the world than it is over here in the US it seems, there'll probably be a world tour as well.

• Members

1st week sales 80-100, 000 and in the top 10

We don't know how dope the record is. But rappers like Snoop Dogg, The Game and even Lil Jon are selling records! They all went Platinum! And i still can't believe that Game sold more than 500,000 copies in its first week! How We Do is not that great, so why is he selling so many records? It's the hype! They were talking about a Westcoast-resurrection, before his album came out. They even ment said that it's a Rap-Classic! I have this Album, all i can do is :hilarious: . It's great, but he talks about a lot of things that we all know. So i think Will can beat The Game's Album. But the sales :what: ! Wills probably not gangsta enough for the Rap-fans! Or he is to good for gangsta :thumb: !

Just think about all the illegal download stuff. It would be great if he sells more than 3 million copies, but i don't really care about that, cause real hiphop fans will love that album! and i believe that many trueskoolers will give him his credits for that, no matter if it sales good or bad. maybe interscope could kick him out, but thats an other story...

I listened to an interview of The Game, and i think he's only talking stuff, what all real hiphop fans already know.

But he's not right when he says that the ppl out there want to hear more about the artist itself, about the rapper, than messages what really goes on on the streets or political stuff. yeah, and he really thinks that he's an real MC just like 50 and Eminem.

After that interview i knew what i had to think about him. He talks about Biggie, Pac and Jam master Jay, but he's going a really different way, and has a different point of view what an real mc is.

This guy is for about a few months in the game, and begans to talk about real mcs...

We'll how his next album will sound like.

The game didn't impress me. he's untalented and his flow suxx.

Thats my personal opinion.

JJFP Rocks The House

Yes yes. The Game's album was hype. His songs are ridiculous. That mentions list is no joke. Pac and biggie in like every song. I got most of the beats that I liked. And the said thing is, all my fav. tracks feature someone else wit him. 'Hate or Love It', 'Runnin', best as far as G-Unit type stuff is concerned. And 50 said his fav. rapper is Rakim. Really? Must not be too much becuz U would've stick by him in his arguement wit Dre. Just cuz Rakim had more lyrical and probably real life brain power than everyone combined on the Aftermath label, U wanted him to smoke weed and dumb himself down?!? Some tracks I didn't like grew on me of the Game's, but I'd still liked to of got the tracks that I liked. Game already knows he's gonna sell out becuz he said "Enjoy it will it lasts, cuz my next won't be anyhting like this." (not exact, but basically what he said)

I really do think every one person who is a Will Smith fan, and really does feel this album is gonna be big, it obviously will. But it shouldn't go big for a matter of begging for sales. It should go big for true creative art and good music. It's not a matter of other artists doing bad. It's a matter of Will doing good.

Lost + Found will sell 1 for 1, because I will without a doubt purchase it. As far as the rest of the world, we'll just have to see.

Hey I heard 50 Cent is gonna diss Nas and Fat Joe on his new album, it's all hype and gimmicks to sell records so I won't buy it, I was sucked in by the "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" hype I'll admit but that to me is one album I wish I never bought 'cause I don't listen to it anymore, Will is gonna address Eminem on his new album coming but it ain't for hype intentions, he's doing it to show Eminem that he shouldn't take someone's kindness for a weakness, he does songs to enlighten people with his artistry, it ain't about sales or dissin' but he sells a lot of albums and has success worldwide 'cause there are some people out there who respect that. If you look at the charts though, you don't see too many mcs selling millions of albums with something important to say, I see that Nas, LL, and FP are the only ones, but there are other true mcs like Talib Kweli and Chuck D who actually have stronger world fan bases than they do here in America where they're from.

Yes yes. The Game's album was hype. His songs are ridiculous. That mentions list is no joke. Pac and biggie in like every song. I got most of the beats that I liked. And the said thing is, all my fav. tracks feature someone else wit him. 'Hate or Love It', 'Runnin', best as far as G-Unit type stuff is concerned. And 50 said his fav. rapper is Rakim. Really? Must not be too much becuz U would've stick by him in his arguement wit Dre. Just cuz Rakim had more lyrical and probably real life brain power than everyone combined on the Aftermath label, U wanted him to smoke weed and dumb himself down?!? Some tracks I didn't like grew on me of the Game's, but I'd still liked to of got the tracks that I liked. Game already knows he's gonna sell out becuz he said "Enjoy it will it lasts, cuz my next won't be anyhting like this." (not exact, but basically what he said)

I really do think every one person who is a Will Smith fan, and really does feel this album is gonna be big, it obviously will. But it shouldn't go big for a matter of begging for sales. It should go big for true creative art and good music. It's not a matter of other artists doing bad. It's a matter of Will doing good.

Lost + Found will sell 1 for 1, because I will without a doubt purchase it. As far as the rest of the world, we'll just have to see.

Um...Rakim smokes weed anyway homie, he was in an ad for this jewelry place, HIGH AS HELL...plus, no one knows the real details between what happened with Rakim and Dre, that and the fact, there's a new song by Ra produced by Dre floating around.

Anyway, even if Rakim was his favorite rapper, you don't bite the hand that feeds you

i promise it'll go at least platinum in the u.s.

b2r went gold and it had NOOOOO promotion AT ALLL and no good singles

this has a good starting single, and a lot of hip hop community knows about it, and its got pump ya brakes lmao

Hmm let's see... I say he'll sell it over 3 mill times in the US and about 4-5 mill times all over da world... But one thing is sure - it'll be way more better than BTR although I really like the BTR album! Maybe the album's gonna get sold so much because of the tracks ''Mr Nice Guy'' and ''Pump Ya Brakes'' ! I'm sure he isn't saying that much about Eminem so I'm really looking forward to ''Pump Ya Brakes'' with the only one from da DPGC!!! :roll:

I think "Lost & Found" will sell 2x Platinum here in the United States (Platinum = 1 million copies) but it will sell 4-6x Platinum worldwide. There's so much hype now for this album. "Switch" leads the album right now but that track is weak compared to "Party Starter" and "Pump Ya Brakes". Those 2 tracks must be released as singles to mainstream radio in order for the album to fly up those charts. This could be the rap album of the year if those two songs are released. I dont even see how they can't release them, they are just so hot.

"Mr. Nice Guy" also packs heat for Eminem and all his haters. Will has said that on this album he's saying things that he wanted to say in the past but just held back and hes letting it all go. Thats sending a chill in the rap world because this is the first time Will is up against another rapper on mainstream wax. So it's gonna be fun watching FP bury Eminem.

Lost & Found will sell more than Born to Reign and thats for sure.

• Admin

b2r went gold and it had NOOOOO promotion AT ALLL and no good singles

actually born to reign only sold 237, 000, willennium sold 2.1 million and big willie style sold 8 million in the US.. now after hearing pump ya brakes and party starter im a up my prediction to platinum!