JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hitch - Final Worldwide Box Office

TopDawg14

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

After finishing the weekend with roughly $740,000, Hitch has officially overtaken 4th place on the all-time romantic comedy list with $176.5 million.

Hitch is now less than $2 million away from overtaking Pretty Woman($178.4 million) for 3rd place all-time.

Overseas numbers will be released this week.

:thumb:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

After finishing the weekend with roughly $740,000, Hitch has officially overtaken 4th place on the all-time romantic comedy list with $176.5 million. 

Hitch is now less than $2 million away from overtaking Pretty Woman($178.4 million) for 3rd place all-time.

Overseas numbers will be released this week.

:thumb:

Wow, that's great news.

Overseas will bring a lot of cash, that's my opinion though hehe

Edited by Typhoon20

Updated Numbers:

Domestic: $176.6 million

Overseas: $175.8 million

Worldwide: $352.4 million

There seems to be a bit of a slowdown for Hitch this past week in the overseas market after posting just under $6 million in the past week. Overseas numbers are a bit tricky to stay on top off, though. Hitch still ranks #5 on the worldwide romantic comedy list but with another strong push, and big numbers in Japan, it could move up to #2 on the list. Here is the list as it stands now:

1. Pretty Woman - $463.4 million

2. What Women Want - $374.1 million

3. There's Something About Mary - $369.9 million

4. My Big Fat Greek Wedding - $368.7

5. Hitch - $352.4 million

Domestically, Hitch is about $1.8 million away from the #3 spot on the all-time romantic comedy list. Should it overtake Pretty Woman, Hitch will likely finish at #3. My Big, Fat Greek Wedding is at $241 million and What Women Want is at roughly $183 million.

That's good. Hey doesn't Samuel L. Jackson like has the title of most money made box office or something like that I know that he overtook that from Harrison Ford. Anyway do u think will can take him?

Will ranks #12 on the list of total gross($1.8 billion). His average of $120 million per movie is one of the highest in Hollywood. Other than Eddie Murphy, no other African-American actor has grossed more than Will.

To see the full list, go to this link to see the list of actors, how much they've grossed, their average and their best movie. Box Office Mojo - Highest Grosses

Will Smith's new romantic comedy hit, Hitch, will hit the $100 million mark on Thursday. Hitch will become one of the fastest movies to gross $100 million dollars. It will surpass the $100 million mark in just 14 days.

:thumb: :switch:

Good Job Will!!! :thumb:

I loved Hitch... I got a LOT of laughs off watching Will in this, 4 sho!!!...

If I must say so,...Will was looking really handsome to me...specially since I haven't seen him in awhile...

peace,

cookie

dang what in the world.... :ridepony: :ali:

when I pressed the 'add reply' key...i heard some music? like JJ scratching or something. LMBO....i MUST be tired... :hilarious:

well 4 the 2nd tyme tonite...

gnite,...

peace,

cookie

Update:

Hitch pulled in almost $450,000 this weekend taking its total to $177.2 million. It's still another $1.3 million away from taking the #3 spot on the romantic comedy list. It looks as if Hitch will struggle to catch Pretty Woman.

Overseas numbers will be out later this week.

Updated Numbers:

Domestic: $177.2 million

Overseas: $178.6 million

Worldwide: $355.8 million

It appears Hitch is beginning to finally slow down its numbers. Hitch only pulled in $2.8 million overseas in the last week or so. This type of drop-off is usually a sign that a movie has run its course. Even with Hitch yet to open in Japan, it still looks like it will struggle to get to $370 million. It would take a monster opening to get it over $370 million. Either way, the numbers that Hitch has racked up to this point are staggering considering most analysts thought Hitch would struggle to get to $100 million in the U.S.

It marks the third straight movie for Will Smith to crack the $325 million worldwide mark!

Will Smith's new romantic comedy hit, Hitch, will hit the $100 million mark on Thursday. Hitch will become one of the fastest movies to gross $100 million dollars. It will surpass the $100 million mark in just 14 days.

:thumb: :switch:

Woooow neva woulda expect that!!! That's hot news man, thanx for them! :thumb: