JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hitch - Final Worldwide Box Office

TopDawg14

Although Hitch slipped to #6 in this past weekend's box office, the beat continues to go on for Will Smith. Hitch claimed another $4.3 million over the weekend to bring its U.S. total to $166.4 million losing just 33% of its box office from last weekend. It may take awhile for Hitch to drop out of the top 10. At this pace, $170 million is a formality and now the goal for this movie is $200 million.

The international numbers will be out later on this week. The worldwide total should easily eclipse $300 million.

:thumb:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated Numbers:

Domestic Box Office: $167.0 million

Overseas Box Office; $127.1 million

Total Box Office: $294.1 million

Hitch continues its impressive run at the box office. After a strong U.S. performance at #6 this past weekend, Hitch regained the top spot at the U.K. box office helping to push the overseas box office over $125 million.

Hitch now has the possibility of topping $325 million worldwide and surpassing $180 million in the U.S.

:kekeke: I'm gonna try and see it this week again. I think this will be his last week it'll be at the main theater in my area (which is nicer than all the others in the area)....so it's not done making money yet.

Hitch has finished in the top 10 again this week bowing out at #9 with $3 million this weekend. That brings Hitch's U.S. total to $171.3 million. $180 million seems like the more likely finish for Hitch, one of the biggest romantic comedy hits in cinematic history.

Hitch now ranks #5 on the all-time list for romantic comedy. It is the biggest grossing movie of 2005(but that is due to change with several blockbusters coming out this spring & summer, most notably Star Wars, War Of The Worlds and Batman Begins).

Updated Numbers:

Domestic: $171.2 million

Overseas: $148.9 million

Total B.O.: $320.1 million

The actuals came out today and Hitch pulled in $2.9 million over the weekend. The romantic comedy had another successful week in the international box-office bringing it's total to nearly $150 million. The movie finished #1 in 7 countries including Greece, The Netherlands, Hungary and the U.K.

With its impressive international showing, Hitch could finish in the $350-375 million worldwide mark.

Hitch is now ranked #5 on the all-time romantic comedy list behind My Big, Fat Greek Wedding($241.4 million), What Women Want($182.8 million), Pretty Woman($178.4 million) and There's Something About Mary($176.4 million)

Edited by TopDawg14

Damn Will is making mad money! Will is a very lucky man. I remember he said he push to get the rights to the movie so his company Overbrook can produce it. And since Will is the producer. That means whatever it grosses he gets 10 to 15% plus when it comes out on DVD he gets a cut of the DVD sales too. :thumb: :angel:

Updated Numbers:

Domestic: $171.2 million

Overseas: $148.9 million

Total B.O.: $320.1 million

The actuals came out today and Hitch pulled in $2.9 million over the weekend. The romantic comedy had another successful week in the international box-office bringing it's total to nearly $150 million. The movie finished #1 in 7 countries including Greece, The Netherlands, Hungary and the U.K.

With its impressive international showing, Hitch could finish in the $350-375 million worldwide mark.

Hitch is now ranked #5 on the all-time romantic comedy list behind My Big, Fat Greek Wedding($241.4 million), What Women Want($182.8 million), Pretty Woman($178.4 million) and There's Something About Mary($176.4 million)

TopDawg, I have a question.

You say he''s #5 all time comedy list, but that's domestically right ?

How does this look WORLDWIDE ?

Thnx

• Admin

i think worldwide its between no. 3 and the biggest romantic comedy ever..generally they dont do very well around the world..those big event blockbuster movies normally take all the cash.. so for Hitch to pass I, Robot is huge..no one expected that.. thought i have to remind TD that i did predict 200 million domestically for hitch from the start..will prob get abt 180..and topdawg only predicted 105 or sumthin!! :poke: :kekeke:

Here are the top 5 grossing romantic comedies of all-time - the worldwide numbers:

1. Pretty Woman - $463.4 million

2. What Women Want - $374.1 million

3. There's Something About Mary - $369.9 million

4. My Big Fat Greek Wedding - $368.7

5. Hitch - $320.3 million