• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated Numbers:

Domestic: $179.2 million

Overseas: $182.7 million

Worldwide: $361.9 million

According to the website, The Numbers, Hitch has made over $179 million in the U.S. It also means that Hitch has surpassed "Pretty Woman" to take over the #3 spot on the all-time romantic comedy list.

While Hitch only made a little under $300,000 since the last report, it will get a significant boost when it opens in Japan later this month. The international numbers should eclipse the $200 million mark.

Stay tuned...

Edited by TopDawg14

Updated Numbers:

Domestic: $179.2 million

Overseas: $185.3 million

Worldwide: $364.5 million

Despite the onslaught of big budget bonazas such as Star Wars, Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Madagascar, Hitch managed to pull in another $1.7 million overseas, mostly in Japan. Japan's box office has been a bit disappointing but that is largely due to its late release date. Had it been released earlier, it might have pulled in bigger box office. Hitch still expects to finish above $370 million worldwide.

Updated Numbers:

Final Domestic Box Office: $179.2 million

Overseas Box Office : $186.3 million

Total Worldwide Box Office: $365.5 million

Hitch seems to have its problems competing against box-office heavyweights Star Wars 3, Madagascar and Mr. & Mrs. Smith. The romantic comedy pulled in another $1 million overseas with less than 30% of that total coming from Japan. Hitch is definitely suffering in Japan due to its ridiculously late release. Nevertheless, it still appears that Hitch will finish above $190 million overseas.

• 2 months later...

Here are the final box office numbers for Hitch:

Domestic: $179.5 million

Overseas: $188.5 million

Total Worldwide: $368.0 million

Yearly Domestic Rank: 8

Yearly Worldwide Rank: 5

All-Time Domestic Rank: 86

All-Time Worldwide Rank: 86

Coming into 2005, the only knock movie critics had against Will Smith was the fact that he has never played the romantic lead in a romantic comedy. There were questions whether or not he would be successful in this genre. Will not only proved the critics wrong, he shocked the world with Hitch. Hitch was not just a blockbuster but a monster staying atop the domestic and worldwide rankings until July.

Couple that with the successful sales and rental of the DVD and Hitch(at last check it has racked up over $150 million in DVD sales and rentals) has surpassed the $500 million mark.

• Admin

Couple that with the successful sales and rental of the DVD and Hitch(at last check it has racked up over $150 million in DVD sales and rentals) has surpassed the $500 million mark.

wow that should set up Overbrook for a lot of years...

• 6 months later...

yes...and i was looking at this because i forgot all about this movie being out....i didnt realize that it was supposedly that funny...so sue me....not only that...this was tagged at the top.......so it wasnt like i went hunting it down.....

Edited by Chief