JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL AND NAS

Guest lambertj3

I wanna see them both do a song where they're both rappin' on it togetha, that would give Will more street cred in the hip-hop game. :dancingcool:

I wouldn't mind if Nas did a song with FP, but there's alot of other artists i'd much rather see him work with. I'd only like the song if Nas came correct tho'. Lyrically, some of his songs are good...and some of them suck. He definitly dosen't have the same magic he has when he first came out (most of his current fans didn't even know about him then).

• 1 month later...
I don't really care 2 have Nas co-write anymore stuff with Will. In fact, i don't like the idea of anyone co-writing with Will any more. It's just not neccesary. I think that's what's made the biggest difference in Will's music since he's come back...the trax he's co-wrote with other people just make the lyrics sound a lil' looser and sloppier than strictly his own writing. I think "Just Cruisin'" and "The Rain" are really the only exceptions.

If Will waz gonna work with someone else again, i'd want it 2 be Common Sense again.

I was actually surprised wit Nas's production. Especially "Chasing 4ever". Will probably wouldn't work wit NaS if Nas didn't present what he wanted. And Will knows what Nas can present. Nas has fell off the best of his peak. He better get it back wit this 3rd album. The battlin wit others like Jay-Z and Cam, and all them has brought him back out, but now it's thru him off.

[quote=mfuqua23,Jun 10 2004, 11:01 AM]Nas has fell off the best of his peak. He better get it back wit this 3rd album.[/quote]
Did you listen to "God's Son" or "Stillmatic"? :eek4: How is that fallin' off of your peak, those are incredible albums! I didn't know Nas only made 3 albums, I thought he made 6, not counting the remix and unrealeased material released, before this new double LP("Illmatic, "It Was Written", "I Am", "Nastradamus", "Stillmatic", and "God's Son"). I don't know I could be mistaken. :dunno: :werd: In my opinion, Jay-Z has been washed up for the last 3 years and Nas is a hall of fame lyricist. :rock:

After 1996, Nas just didn't impress me anymore. He still makes good music but not that kind that i care about. I think Since his "I Am..." album, he has made scattered good trax that are often hidden by music that i just don't think is very good or has any relevence. Just my opinion. I did go out and get the remastered re-release of Illlmatic and it totally reminds of me of what could have been.

• 2 months later...
[quote=bigted,Jun 10 2004, 02:38 PM][quote=mfuqua23,Jun 10 2004, 11:01 AM] Nas has fell off the best of his peak. He better get it back wit this 3rd album.[/quote]
Did you listen to "God's Son" or "Stillmatic"? :eek4: How is that fallin' off of your peak, those are incredible albums! I didn't know Nas only made 3 albums, I thought he made 6, not counting the remix and unrealeased material released, before this new double LP("Illmatic, "It Was Written", "I Am", "Nastradamus", "Stillmatic", and "God's Son"). I don't know I could be mistaken. :dunno: :werd: In my opinion, Jay-Z has been washed up for the last 3 years and Nas is a hall of fame lyricist. :rock: [/quote]
Uh.. my bad man. I must of been thinking something different. Why would I say 3rd album when I have all of em? hmm. go figure. But I got every album and I like 2 rock em all :werd:

I think Nas has talent..but i don't think it's consistant. After his 2nd album, i think he started slipping. Since then i think he makes some good stuff and stuff that makes me wonder why he makes it. I havn't followed him since like 1997ish.

I think Jay-Z made better music early in his career. I think most of his stuff is crap these days. Both artists have some good trax but i don't follow either of them. Skillz wise, Nas tears Jay-Z apart tho'...but i don't think he's on the level of Rakim, LL, or KRS-One.