JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

can you feel that?

Hero1

^^^um it does count more here. People in the US love Will still, and he's from here. He needs more support from his home country than overseas cause this is where he's gonna hear whether he failed or succeeded with his album

BTW, do most of u people live overseas??

U do know that ppl like 50cent are more popular b/c of the success they had in the US right? People are gonna talk about 50 selling 11 Mill in the US. Not the 1 million he sold overseas. That's why I'm sayin success in the US does count.

Edited by *mimi*

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in the US in California and I have heard SITCH on the radio station KIIS and the local Hip Hop station. Also I have XM satilite radio and it plays all the time on the top 20 station. As for seeing it on MTV I have! It comes on MTV Hits channel that shows only videos a few times a DAY. It is getting love out here and I for sure am giving it mad love. :dj:

^^^um it does count more here.  People in the US love Will still, and he's from here.  He needs more support from his home country than overseas cause this is where he's gonna hear whether he failed or succeeded with his album

U do know that ppl like 50cent are more popular b/c of the success they had in the US right?  People are gonna talk about 50 selling 11 Mill in the US.  Not the 1 million he sold overseas.  That's why I'm sayin success in the US does count.

I'm gonna hafta disagree w/ you on the premis that it somehow counts more here-- it may mean more to him that ppl from his country appreciate what he's doin, but it's not somehow more valuable or important overall. Wahtever. Basically, I'm just wriuting this to say check out the "where are you ppl from?" msg topic I started under the "caught in the middle" forum. There are def more ppl here that are from outside the US than US.

Edited by scyhigh99

^^^um it does count more here.  People in the US love Will still, and he's from here.  He needs more support from his home country than overseas cause this is where he's gonna hear whether he failed or succeeded with his album

U do know that ppl like 50cent are more popular b/c of the success they had in the US right?  People are gonna talk about 50 selling 11 Mill in the US.  Not the 1 million he sold overseas.  That's why I'm sayin success in the US does count.

I'm gonna hafta disagree w/ you on the premis that it somehow counts more here-- it may mean more to him that ppl from his country appreciate what he's doin, but it's not somehow more valuable or important overall. Wahtever. Basically, I'm just wriuting this to say check out the "where are you ppl from?" msg topic I started under the "caught in the middle" forum. There are def more ppl here are from outside the US than US.

you're looking at it from a philosophical stand point. I'm lookin at it business wise. If it doesn't do well here in the US, then most likely it will influence whether or not Will is gonna put out another album. If it does well in the UK, it doesn't matter cuz that's gonna gonna make him say "it did well in the UK, so I'm gonna put out abother CD, even if I flop in America". Maybe he'll get more money but not doin well in America is blah. He even said he didn't like Boom Shake the Room for the reason that it was a big hit in Irelend (or somethin like that).

Im in the US in California and I have heard SITCH on the radio station KIIS and the local Hip Hop station. Also I have XM satilite radio and it plays all the time on the top 20 station. As for seeing it on MTV I have! It comes on MTV Hits channel that shows only videos a few times a DAY. It is getting love out here and I for sure am giving it mad love. :dj:

i live in Cali too, but I've heard it on just Power 106 once. I don't listen to the pop stations (don't care about them much). How many times have u heard it though??

I'm gonna hafta disagree w/ you on the premis that it somehow counts more here-- it may mean more to him that ppl from his country appreciate what he's doin, but it's not somehow more valuable or important overall. Wahtever. Basically, I'm just wriuting this to say check out the "where are you ppl from?" msg topic I started under the "caught in the middle" forum. There are def more ppl here are from outside the US than US.

you're looking at it from a philosophical stand point. I'm lookin at it business wise. If it doesn't do well here in the US, then most likely it will influence whether or not Will is gonna put out another album. If it does well in the UK, it doesn't matter cuz that's gonna gonna make him say "it did well in the UK, so I'm gonna put out abother CD, even if I flop in America". Maybe he'll get more money but not doin well in America is blah. He even said he didn't like Boom Shake the Room for the reason that it was a big hit in Irelend (or somethin like that).

LoL He really said that? I doubt he said it exactly like that but I hope he did, just b/c it'd be hee-larious. In any case, I see your pt to some extent, but success anywhere is still success.

This has absolutely nothing to do w/ anything, but I now have a mental picture stuck in my head of the Lucky Charms leprechaun dancin to "Boom, Shake the Room." Probably not something I needed to share, but alas...

• Members

hahah :dunno: good one :what: , anyways, I think just because Will does well in the U.S. doesn't mean anything. The same goes for overseas. We don't know Will well enough to determine his motivation is to make more music. Look at Born 2 Regin it took a while to turn Gold but he still worked on more music and now he's focusing on that part of his life now. He's coming out with a new album pretty soon and it's pitiful that you guys are talking about the location which determines his success. If you wanna know, talk to the man himself (Will).

mimi i disagree with you entirely. Black eyed peas sold 6 million overseas and only 1 million in the US. Many artists do better internationally than the US..the US music industry is completely stuffed at the moment. Worldwide music is a lot more open and people are more accepting of diff types of music like will its not all the same. The fact will said he was gonna start his tour in europe shows he gets more love over there and appreciates it. If he sells 5 million overseas and only 500, 000 in the US its not gonna woryy Will 1 bit!

sorry but u guys are very otherworldly... The harsh reality is everyone wants to make it in the US. Especially when u are a native, u have to want to do well in your home country. Plus when u mention the Black Eyed Peas sellin 6 million worldwide is that the toatl of all overseas countries?? If so, 1 mil in the US is a biggre amount from ONE country than say 45 combined to make 6 mil. I'm telling u no matter how well Will does overseas, if he doesn't do it here in America, it closer to being over. Harsh truth u guys. U may see it more excitement overseas, but I'm telling u success here is more important than u think. I could give u a list of American rappers/singers who do well overseas but flopped in America and their careers are dwindling.

The world does not revolve around the US. Get over it

some parts, especially in the entertainment business do. I know since my dad worked both in the US and overseas for a movie studio. I know about business so trust me on this one. American artists need it more in the US than overseas so get over it. Bitter foreigner LOL...j/k

• Admin

Im in the US in California and I have heard SITCH on the radio station KIIS and the local Hip Hop station. Also I have XM satilite radio and it plays all the time on the top 20 station. As for seeing it on MTV I have! It comes on MTV Hits channel that shows only videos a few times a DAY. It is getting love out here and I for sure am giving it mad love.  :dj:

hey nichole good to see you are still around :thumb:

last week on the CHR/Pop Charts Switch was no. 38 up from 52 with 1283 spins which is 697 more than last week

you can check it out here http://w2.mediabase.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/C...pn=500&cutoff=1

if you guys arent listenin to the pop radio stations that must be why you aint hearin it