JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

why do u guys call him FP?

Guest Guest

... he/she was expressing sincere curiousity.

Well put mimi. Anyway, I don't recall wether or not he said he wanted to stop being refered to as the Fresh Prince, but I do remember something about the Men in Black soundtrack cover being the copy of the poster, meaning his name was on the cover instead of Fresh Prince. Supposedly he let that slide and continued the trend of using his name in his albums. However I didn't pick up the soundtrack (I've never bought a soundtrack) so this is all from memory.

... he/she was expressing  sincere curiousity.

Well put mimi. Anyway, I don't recall wether or not he said he wanted to stop being refered to as the Fresh Prince, but I do remember something about the Men in Black soundtrack cover being the copy of the poster, meaning his name was on the cover instead of Fresh Prince. Supposedly he let that slide and continued the trend of using his name in his albums. However I didn't pick up the soundtrack (I've never bought a soundtrack) so this is all from memory.

thanks for that... I'm just tired of ppl getting unnecessary attacks

I agree with Lerkot...

to me, he isnt "Big Will" or "Will Smith" hes "the Fresh Prince" of "DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince"...

and i just got into JJFP like 3 years ago too...respect for them.

btw this is one of the dumbest topics ever no offense lol

Offense? For sure here's no offense!!! Because we all are friends here and try to never offend anybody, noone fights against the others here and we hope it to stay this way! :sonny:

Edited by E - Style-Greesy - E

Personally i say FP whenever i'm refering to him as JJ+FP, and Will Smith to his solo career.

but for some he will always be the FP, and thats ok.

but you can call him whatever you want (Fresh Prince;BIg Will; Will Smith...), cause he will always be the Greatest

:thumb:

its the man that counts, not the name

Edited by iceonly

Mimi i wouldnt worry about it, i get attacked it but i just shrug it an im still here, and i normally call him will his first name, if i do call him Fresh prince it is only when im hearing his old skools stuff, talking about old skool, talkin about fresh prince of bel air, i wouldnt say that fresh prince is bringing a new album out, because will smith is.......but lets all hope JJFP are back tho...haha

1. Thank u, Mimi. A tad dramatic, but I feel the same way. Some ppl need to stop bein so defensive and Chill (capital "C"?).

2. Fresh Prince = Will Smith = Big Will... i wouldn't read into it too much more than that.

come & get wit it, comprehend it when i kick it / i represent the real from the beginning to the end of it (entirely unnecessary quote from j5's concrete schoolyard, which has nothing to do with anything...)

:cya:

Edited by scyhigh99

It's just a name...i don't see why some people take it so serious.

However,k i just don't like using the term Big Will...it sounds so "Columbia Records" 2 me. I could start calling him Fresh Prince Will Rock...how's that 4 old skool? Even better, maybe i'll just start calling him by one of his characters...

Have any of u heard the new single from Bagger Vance called "Switch?" :roll:

It's just a name...i don't see why some people take it so serious.

However,k i just don't like using the term Big Will...it sounds so "Columbia Records" 2 me. I could start calling him Fresh Prince Will Rock...how's that 4 old skool? Even better, maybe i'll just start calling him by one of his characters...

Have any of u heard the new single from Bagger Vance called "Switch?" :roll:

HAHA, that was funny... :hilarious: