JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

why do u guys call him FP?

Guest Guest

Why do u guys still call him Fresh Prince and even put "Prince" for interviews that have him as Will Smith? He has said before he doesn't wanna be acknowledged as the Fresh Prince anymore, that he's grown up and hopefully his fans will accept that. Why don't u guys just respect his wishes and call him Will??

Why do u guys still call him Fresh Prince and even put "Prince" for interviews that have him as Will Smith? He has said before he doesn't wanna be acknowledged as the Fresh Prince anymore, that he's grown up and hopefully his fans will accept that. Why don't u guys just respect his wishes and call him Will??

I do call him Will! :sonny:

Some of us have been down since WAAAY b4 he started calling himself "Will Smith." 2 some of us, he'll always be Fresh Prince. Asking us 2 change how we refur 2 him would be just as ignorant as me asking others 2 not call him Will Smith.

And he's NEVER said he didn't wanna be called the Fresh Prince. He still wears his "Fresh Prince" diamond necklace from time 2 time. He's refured 2 himself as the Fresh Prince at least once on each album he's done. One Willennium, he credits himself as The Fresh Prince in the executive producer credits and also for the song "Pump Me Up." In an MTV interveiew in 1997, he was asked if he would go by Fresh Prince or Will Smith. He said he left it blank on the paperwork cuz old heads are always gonna call him Fresh Prince, but that newer fans would call him Will Smith.

There's the facts.

Some of us have been down since WAAAY b4 he started calling himself "Will Smith."  2 some of us, he'll always be Fresh Prince.  Asking us 2 change how we refur 2 him would be just as ignorant as me asking others 2 not call him Will Smith.

And he's NEVER said he didn't wanna be called the Fresh Prince.  He still wears his "Fresh Prince" diamond necklace from time 2 time.  He's refured 2 himself as the Fresh Prince at least once on each album he's done.  One Willennium, he credits himself as The Fresh Prince in the executive producer credits and also for the song "Pump Me Up."  In an MTV interveiew in 1997, he was asked if he would go by Fresh Prince or Will Smith.  He said he left it blank on the paperwork cuz old heads are always gonna call him Fresh Prince, but that newer fans would call him Will Smith.

There's the facts.

Nice said, but nevertheless I always call him Will, never really called him Fresh Prince, dunno why?!... :dunno: :switch:

Edited by E - Style-Greesy - E

at recent concerts he referd to him and jeff as 'jazzy jeff and the fresh prince'

• Admin

yeah at recent concerts hes referred to himself as fresh prince.. "on behalf of fresh prince..dj jazzy jeff id like to thank yall for coming out" etc.. in fact Will is as hip hop and in that fresh prince emcee mindset more than he is a huge hollywood movie star

:nhawong:

well said AJ, was gonna try and add something to what you said but you've all nailed it!

Guest Guest_mixenmasta.b

I have to say though I do remember hearing an interview on tv when willie style first cme out he did say he was giving up the fresh prince name and growing I do remember hearing that not to say its bad to call him fp but I am just stating that the guest who started this topic isnt making it up, for the most part that is

i dont remember the part of saying he doesnt want to be called fp

wow u guys are real mean up here. Seriously, the guest ain't making it up. I heard him say the same quote in an interview not too long ago. I think it's alright to call him the "fresh prince" still if u want, but replacing the name Will with "Fresh Prince" for everything is pretty ridiculuos too. I'm talkin specifically to AJ about the Playboy interview he posted. I'm sure it didn't say "prince" on there. It seems to me that some of u are stuck on nostalgia and keep it old school all the time and refuse to let the old times go. But just because a guest is wondering why some of u call him Fresh Prince all the time doesn't mean u gotta attack the person. If u think it's dumb for asking a simple question and u go on attacking a guest, u just chased away another potential board member. I've seen dumber posts here by members and i think that it was a legit question that guy was asking. If u wonder why some people are standoffish with some of u, read your responses to these people. Will Smith, the man we're all here for is all about the positive. He never blatently attacks people for no reason. yet here u are, his fans, callin people dumb, "making the worst post ever" just cuz maybe he/she was expressing sincere curiousity.

Im guessing that since I don't agree with u guys I'll be attacked for my opinions too huh? I guess like the guest, I'll be another dumb, offensive poster right??