JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Best Rap Album of 2005

Hero1

• Admin

im callin it now..every one of you hip hop fans need to go out on tuesday and buy opio's triangulation station album.. that is what real hip hop is all about.. if you think eminem, kanye west [insert your favorite rapper here] is dope wait till you check op he'll blow you away...

listen to one of the tracks off the album here

Opio - Granite Earth

look this is one album i'm recommending..just go and get it..even if you know nothing about opio!

im callin it now..every one of you hip hop fans need to go out on tuesday and buy opio's triangulation station album.. that is what real hip hop is all about.. if you think eminem, kanye west [insert your favorite rapper here] is dope wait till you check op he'll blow you away...

listen to one of the tracks off the album here

Opio - Granite Earth

look this is one album i'm recommending..just go and get it..even if you know nothing about opio!

yo .. def track .. thx 4 the recommendation .. ill definitely switch through the album at a musicshop ..

should be already in stores here in germany .. release date was february 14th ..

uk release date is february 21

Hey Hero1, Is that that one dude I asked U about? Anyway downloadin' now. and.... (waitin' then continued postin)

He almost sounds like Chingy. There could be secret promotion. Put it up as a CHingy song file name, but when people download, they'll see it is really Opio. His flow is great. It's not outta wack and it makes sense.

Damn this is nice, he got mad lyricism. I'm gonna look out for this album. :thumb:

not in skills, but just in voice, this guy definately sounds like a hybrid of chingy (i picked that up too) & eminem... that's the first thing i thought of when i heard it on itunes... but thanks for the recommendation, hero-- good stuff (from the 30 second clips i heard, anyway... hey, i gotta save money for an ipod!)

you know it's something when Hero predicts it to be superior to L&F

Edited by scyhigh99

• Admin

its funny to hear people say opio sounds like "..." what happened was souls of mischief came out in 1993..and they basically had their own style..they were only 17 years old when they dropped that classic album..and every1 bit them! and then people bit the biters..so half the people i hear rap like souls of mischief now..but they started that style.. the people rappin like them probably dont even know it cause theyve bitten some else who bit s.o.m. or sumthin

OK, it's the other way around. I just didn't know cuz SOM was before my time of really knowing and listening to hip hop music. Now U could've really gone off on me if I said "He's bitting Chingy's style" <--- that would be a really dumb statement. :kekeke: I just said sounds like him. Remember a couple us said "Da Brakes sounds a lil like E-40" Doesn't mean he bit him. Obviously cuz he didn't kno who he was.

OK, it's the other way around. I just didn't know cuz SOM was before my time of really knowing and listening to hip hop music. Now U could've really gone off on me if I said "He's bitting Chingy's style" <--- that would be a really dumb statement. :kekeke: I just said sounds like him. Remember a couple us said "Da Brakes sounds a lil like E-40" Doesn't mean he bit him. Obviously cuz he didn't kno who he was.

:ditto: it's just the sound of his voice

Edited by scyhigh99

oh yeah.. I don't no, but I think there are really stupid people on this board.. comon.. "soundz like chingy".. comon man, how old are u? 14 and watchin mass media everyday.. wake up and let me tell u that there is something about "skills".. u know HIPHOP.. droppin knowledge 2 other people.. always tellin the truth.. havin fun by doin something useful!! HIPHOP is not about a hotelroom with honeys, u know!! U know, one guy wantz 2 have money (like Chingy) and the other guy wantz 2 make art.. livin his culture (like Opio or any other intelligent rapper, intelligent DJ, intelligent breaker, intelligent aerosol artist.. philosophas, producers).. just by the way..

Is it possible that Opios LP isn't avaible on vinyl? Because I checked all my fav record mailorderz and just find it on cd.. but I buy it as soon as it is out on wax! Much respect 2 all people Hiero.. the last long player waz also perfect, although I love the solo stuff from Del and Souls of Mischief more..

Does anybody know what happened 2 Extra Profilic? Are they out of Hiero? There is also a Opio feat. on their only ablum.. a really really fantastic track.. "now what".. :ali:

peace

oh yeah.. I don't no, but I think there are really stupid people on this board.. comon.. "soundz like chingy".. comon man, how old are u? 14 and watchin mass media everyday.. wake up and let me tell u that there is something about "skills".. u know HIPHOP.. droppin knowledge 2 other people.. always tellin the truth.. havin fun by doin something useful!! HIPHOP is not about a hotelroom with honeys, u know!! U know, one guy wantz 2 have money (like Chingy) and the other guy wantz 2 make art.. livin his culture (like Opio or any other intelligent rapper, intelligent DJ, intelligent breaker, intelligent aerosol artist.. philosophas, producers).. just by the way..

Is it possible that Opios LP isn't avaible on vinyl? Because I checked all my fav record mailorderz and just find it on cd.. but I buy it as soon as it is out on wax! Much respect 2 all people Hiero.. the last long player waz also perfect, although I love the solo stuff from Del and Souls of Mischief more..

Does anybody know what happened 2 Extra Profilic? Are they out of Hiero? There is also a Opio feat. on their only ablum.. a really really fantastic track.. "now what".. :ali:

peace

:nhawong: Are you serious, guy? Your rant seems to imply we created a parallel between these two MC's skills, when all we-- or at least I-- was doing was observing a similarity in voice. Voice does not equal skills. Or style. Gosh.

Ppl in this board really love giving extemporanious lectures on the virtues of true hip hop, but buddy, not only are you not making sense, but you're preachin to the choir. Maybe I'm generalizing, but I don't think there are a ton of ppl here who think Chingy is a quality rapper.

Ppl really need to read posts carefully before penning ridiculous rants and labeling ppl "stupid"....*single tear*... :cya:

Edited by scyhigh99