JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Has 'Sumthin' For Eminem'

• Members

Will Smith, known for shirking rhymes about bling and violence for more upbeat messages, is using his new album to prove he's got a tough side, too.

The rapper/actor is releasing his fourth solo album, Lost and Found, on March 29,

featuring the track "Mr. Nice Guy," about how people mistake him for being soft. And according to a statement by his spokesperson, Smith has "sumthin' for Eminem" in the song.

The album, which Smith calls a "departure" from his previous albums, which include Born to Reign (2002), Willenium (1999) and Big Willie Style (1997), will be led by the single "Switch."

The track is "a snapshot of my life," Smith said in a statement. "It's the most in-depth, revealing writing that I've done in my career."

Also included on the LP are collaborations with longtime partner Jazzy Jeff (with whom Smith recorded five albums as DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince), Mary J. Blige, Robin Thicke, Timbaland and Snoop Dogg, who worked with Smith on the track "Pump Ya Brakes."

Smith, who started laying down tracks for the album in 2003 and ultimately recorded more than 50 songs, said that the new album is best described as old-school retro hip-hop, and that the music is more serious than in the past, but is still just as fun.

With his latest feature film, "Hitch," having just debuted in theaters at #1 (see "Love Beats Hate As 'Hitch' KO's 'Boogeyman' "), Smith will take a break from acting for the next six to eight months to focus on his music.

This report is from MTV News.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1497007/02...requestid=72373

Edited by rockthehouse

NOICE. Well it's news that I pretty much heard already but that's tight he's got something for Eminem. Ok Ok so maybe we're not all big fans of Eminem but after hearing his song "Toy Soliders" I kinda had a little respect for him. You guys should hear it to, it's not that bad as far as the lyrical message go. Oh haha it just came on MTV. Peace.

• Members

well, i don't like eminem that much, but he's doin his thing and you have to respect him for that. he often just wants to show society its own hipocrasy by provoking ... a lil bit like manson ... so even tho' i don't like the musical style of these two artists you have to respect them as artists with own message (especially manson is a very intelligent person)

so, there are alot of much worse mainstream rappers than eminem.

so maybe we're not all big fans of Eminem but after hearing his song "Toy Soliders" I kinda had a little respect for him.

old issue-but he put that song on where he sez oh i should talk sh*t about people, look what happens-yet he insults celebs on his new cd including mikey jacko and others. songs like that are just to make him seem like he cares anything about his own success, when he does not. my fav line in his song is when he sez hes not only doing hip hop to diss other rappers, thats not why he got into it. in fact, thats how he made his name. thats just sad. he pulled himself up to the top of the rap game by pulling others down. maybe its just me, but ill never respect him. as far as will speaking to him, im sure its done in a very will smith fashion, classy-and direted to all haters, not just eminem..it should be interesting to hear

well, i don't like eminem that much, but he's doin his thing and you have to respect him for that. he often just wants to show society its own hipocrasy by provoking ... a lil bit like manson ... so even tho' i don't like the musical style of these two artists you have to respect them as artists with own message (especially manson is a very intelligent person)

so, there are alot of much worse mainstream rappers than eminem.

Yeah, what u sayin' is right! Eminem isn't that bad but he's crazy, stupid or whateva... :roll: