JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

new film - "tonight, he comes"

*mimi*

Will Smith dons cape for dark superhero drama

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Box office champ Will Smith is developing the superhero drama "Tonight He Comes," a project that has fallen on many executives' "best unproduced scripts" lists and attracted many A-listers.

The dark, adult tone made it difficult to set up, however. The story tells the tale of a depressed, bored superhero who drinks, smokes and has one-night stands. He develops a newfound purpose in life when he is drawn to a married woman.

Smith, currently No. 1 at the box office with the romantic comedy "Hitch," is teaming up with director Jonathan Mostow ("Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines") to bring the project to the big screen. They are in early negotiations with "Hitch" distributor Columbia Pictures.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Edited by *mimi*

new info--------

Will Smith Comes Tonight

Source: Variety February 16, 2005

Columbia Pictures is negotiating to finance Tonight, He Comes as a vehicle for the studio's Hitch star Will Smith, reports Variety.

Jonathan Mostow will direct the story of a superhero who crash-lands in Sheepshead Bay, N.Y., and causes chaos as he romances a local housewife in an attempt to revitalize himself.

Written six years ago by Vincent Ngo, Tonight, He Comes has long been considered one of the better unmade scripts in town, says the trade. Michael Mann, who at one time was signed to direct, will produce the film with Akiva Goldsman.

Vince Gilligan (The X-Files) has already done a rewrite and will script another draft under Mostow's supervision once the Columbia deal is finalized. A holiday 2006 release is being eyed.

Mostow is developing several projects, including an untitled Paramount thriller he wrote, as well as Terminator 4.

when u think about it though, for those of u wanting a Will Smith tour for his music, this ain't good news for u. The studio wants it out by the Holiday season of next year (early 2006) and when the deal is finalized Will is gonna start shooting the film soon. I love him more as an actor than a rapper to be honest, so I'm looking forward to his movie than his CD. Just keepin it real with u guys

lmao, thats sounds like a dirty movie to me, tonight he comes :roll: :hilarious: Sorry kiddies ignore that.

seriously tho, it does sound good, very different but still a bit of action b4 he gets to old, oh damn that still sounds dirty. :kekeke:

Go and wash your mouth out with soap young lady!!! :scared2:

lmao, thats sounds like a dirty movie to me, tonight he comes  :roll:  :hilarious: Sorry kiddies ignore that.

seriously tho, it does sound good, very different but still a bit of action b4 he gets to old, oh damn that still sounds dirty.  :kekeke:

Go and wash your mouth out with soap young lady!!! :scared2:

haha...fantastic! :roll:

• Admin

when u think about it though, for those of u wanting a Will Smith tour for his music, this ain't good news for u.  The studio wants it out by the Holiday season of next year (early 2006) and when the deal is finalized Will is gonna start shooting the film soon.  I love him more as an actor than a rapper to be honest, so I'm looking forward to his movie than his CD.  Just keepin it real with u guys

when movies are announced it takes 6 to 12 months to get everything together..they dont just go straight into filming..so the focus on music in the next 6 months is still happening..and it doesnt matter when sony wanna do this movie..will wants to tour so it doesnt matter what they say

• Members

i have the same opinion, i also like his movies more than his music, but that does not mean, that i hate his music. I am just more attracted to his movies, maybe because it is something for the eye :)

But Will will have to do a lot this year. There is not just this movie there also the other ones like affirmative action and pursuit of happiness. So i guess he will have to focus on just one or two projects.

when u think about it though, for those of u wanting a Will Smith tour for his music, this ain't good news for u.  The studio wants it out by the Holiday season of next year (early 2006) and when the deal is finalized Will is gonna start shooting the film soon.  I love him more as an actor than a rapper to be honest, so I'm looking forward to his movie than his CD.  Just keepin it real with u guys

when movies are announced it takes 6 to 12 months to get everything together..they dont just go straight into filming..so the focus on music in the next 6 months is still happening..and it doesnt matter when sony wanna do this movie..will wants to tour so it doesnt matter what they say

well, when certain movies are announced and they don't have a rushed deadline that's true. But my dad used to work for Fox in the movie division and if a studio has a certain deadline, they start making it a year ahead. So for this movie, the studio wants it out maybe by Christmas. That means they have to at least start shooting real soon