JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

require guests to log in?

Hero1

should i make this a members only forum?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. should i make this a members only forum?

• yes i want everyone to register before they can see the forum
    • no i think guests should be able to view the forum

this is a hard question, but i think ppl should be able to view it.

if they have to register they probably would even do it, but never post.

and so the number of ppl would grow, but still no active posters.

i rather have it the way it is.

Edited by iceonly

Well if they are big enough Will & Jeff fans they wouldn't come onto the forum unless they really wanted to read and post themselves, so maybe you shud make it a members only forum.

i think people should be allowed 2 VIEW the forum if their not guests. however, the must be registered to POST. if u make it so that u must be registered just 2 view the forum, then that will kinda drive people away who just wanna read. on the other hand, when people steal stuff from this forum, u'll know it wasnt some idiot guest who pops in just 2 steal stuff :lolsign:

If they register tho it might not necassarily encourage them to post. They'll just register to see it and lurk as normal.

Too true Brakes. Isn't that what's been going on for a while, like when Switch was released? Wasn't there a spike in registered users? Anyway I think they should be able to see all the threads without registering, but disalow the guest positng.

I think that if anyone is a real fan and plans 2 be here alot, they'll go thru' the 'trouble' of registering.

exactly, if you click on a forum it means you either wanna read or post or do both things. Well if these people really wanna do that then whats one minute of their life to fill in some details.

So what's the verdict, what are you guys gonna do about the forum? My opinion is that we should make them register I know everyone has a voice and they should be able to voice it, but it's just like voting you can't vote until you're a certain age and go through the process of registering. (hah) maybe a bad example but it's not that hard to register seriously.

• 11 months later...

Well, when I joined the WS board back in 1999 or 2000 ( cant remember exact year), I was a 'guest' and reading posts, till I built up the courage to register. (mainly cuz it was all guys, .. dont specifically remember any female till i joined) Tho, once I registered the rest was history. lol. So I say,... let them 'view' certain forums, but not all. Thenthey would have to register,.. to post and get other priveledges that a guest would not... :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

I think that guests should be able to view the forum, but not post anything until they register.