JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Switch = Weak?

Frenetic

I've been listening to it alot the last couple of days. And I've sent it to friends and so.

There is something bugging me about it. The beat is way to bad. The base is to weak. The switch dance ain't to good. Can't see people doing that in the club really.

Something good is that Will sounds hungry. Lyrically it's aight for a club song. His flow is tight.

But then again. Why is he releasing this as a single? If this is supposed to be "The Hit" of the album, (interscope has a policy saying that the first single really should be a big hit) then.. it won't do. Cuz' people is dissing it. Not everybody of course. But alot of people are.

But there is a good thing coming with it:

- If Switch is the most mainstream and light song of the album as he said at z100. then the album could be really great. Switch ain't a bad song, just a little weak.

The bad thing could be:

- If switch doesn't get big, then people will miss out on the album..

Well, we'll see...

when ppl hear "luad, elephent man, snoop..." they won't miss it and the chance 2 hear luda or snoop nut curssin (or if they do they gonna get sencored I hope)...

not just WS fans will buy the Album no1 will miss it...

Switch is really good... man I don't have any voice all the time I scream "HEYYYY HEYYYY"...

ppl diss evreything... opinions they like holls in the A$$ evrey1 got 1...

don't worry

You know what? Don't worry about it. FP has been dissed his whole career for lame crap. Once your in a club and on the dance floor of course your gonna be feeling this song. Man once that heavy bass hits ...and you hear "heyyy" or "wooo-weee!" of course your gonna be moving.

"Switch" is increasing every week in radio plays...people are hearing it more and its great as a clubbanger. If "Switch" doesnt work that well tho, theres always "Pump Ya Breaks" with Snoop or "Party Starter" with Ludacris and those a guarenteed hits.

I'm looking forward to seeing what snoop, luda do without the cussing on this album

You know what? Don't worry about it. FP has been dissed his whole career for lame crap. Once your in a club and on the dance floor of course your gonna be feeling this song. Man once that heavy bass hits ...and you hear "heyyy" or "wooo-weee!" of course your gonna be moving.

"Switch" is increasing every week in radio plays...people are hearing it more and its great as a clubbanger. If "Switch" doesnt work that well tho, theres always "Pump Ya Breaks" with Snoop or "Party Starter" with Ludacris and those a guarenteed hits.

Yeah that's right! Will gets dissed all his life long, that's really true but although all of that he is great and many people like him. So just wait and see... :switch:

yeah ive heard it on the radio and my m8s dnt even like will smiths music, they were noddin there heads to it like it was "Nod Ya Head" coz hes got luda as a "Party Starter" maybe will can show him the "Switch" dance and then snoop can just say "Pump Ya Breaks"....i got belif in will 100%

Yeah, will has always walked his way, no matter what ppl say, what doesn't kills you, makes you stronger.

Of course that sometin~mes you go down, but will has passed this moment in his long career already, so now he is up to do whatever he likes, and he know's that all th die hard JJFP fans will walk the way with him.

so start walking ppl. or bewtter, start running :cya:

Edited by iceonly

"Switch" is gonna be a hit, there's always haters there, not everybody's gonna like everything FP does, but if enough do then it'll be a hit, and btw, Snoop and Ludacris get enough airplay already, I don't want the next singles to be with them, leave them on the album, I wanna see some JJFP singles. :ditto:

yeah ive heard it on the radio and my m8s dnt even like will smiths music, they were noddin there heads to it like it was "Nod Ya Head" coz hes got luda as a "Party Starter" maybe will can show him the "Switch" dance and then snoop can just say "Pump Ya Breaks"....i got belif in will 100%

Will never disappointed me so I believe in Will, too! :rock:

I officially take back my statement. Switch has got the hiphopheads liking it over here in sweden. but especially after they've seen the video. it's a dope video.