JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't dissin' FP by sayin' that he cursed in movies, don't get mad at me like I'm a hater, I'm just sayin' it how it is, I'm sure he curses in real life once in a while, he's human like everyone else and btw he did curse in "I'm Lookin' For The One"(To Be Wit Me) 'cause he said:"You know the puck don't stop here/

F***, the puck started here"

http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/frprince/co...looking.jfr.txt

Who knows maybe it was a typo there, but what difference does it make anyway, I don't think FP is great 'cause he doesn't curse in his songs, I think he's great 'cause of his humor and personality as an mc, and even though 2Pac cursed a lot I consider him the greatest mc of all time, to me it doesn't mean s*** if you curse in your songs or not, as long as you make quality music, and music is still entertainment too, not everything you say in music has to be true, but some movies are based on real life too, it ain't all fiction.

Edited by bigted

KB is right when he says there's no swear in that song-- and it is "buck" not "puck" (haven't u heard that phrase?)-- but BigTed, glad u mentioned that the cursing thing isn't that huge of an issue. Will doesn't feel the need to swear all the time and that's cool-- I appreciate the fact that he tries not to drop f-bombs left & right. But if he swore once in a while here and there, it wouldn't change a thing about what makes him great as a rapper. Some ppl only seem to like Will BECAUSE his raps are "clean," but that doesn't mean anything at all. I could write "clean" raps-- but they'd be terrible.

Edited by scyhigh99

I think FP's grandmother said it best when she said "truely intellegent people don't use words like that." And she's right. Look at artists like 50 Cent, The Game and Ja-Rule. They are not the smartest cats. The majority, if not all of their music has no substance and no wisdom 2 it. U can't get anything out of it cuz they don't have anything intellgent 2 offer. Notice that the smarter artists in Hip-Hop don't rely on cussing. It dosen't mean they are always squeaky clean, but they they don't use explict words as a crutch 2 overshadow their lack of skillz. LL Cool J, Rakim, Heavy D, Run-DMC, MC Hammer, etc have always been my favorite artists since i waz a kid. They made/make music that a young person can grow up on...and music that a older person can vibe off of. Even tho' FP always shrugs it off, he is very intellegent and his entire career reflects that. His music is his only real way 2 get 2 know him, and the music speaks 4 itself.

yeah i know ppl say fp is suitable for Kids but its also suitable for mothers lol. I know im safe when i have my mum in the car listening to my CD, im sick of coughing thru the swear words lol.

And when some1 said about the girls in the video, thats what girls look like in a club, they dont wear like long skirts with a polar neck jumper.

thats what girls look like in a club, they dont wear like long skirts with a polar neck jumper.

Sounds like you are drawing from experience julie

KB is right when he says there's no swear in that song-- and it is "buck" not "puck" (haven't u heard that phrase?)-

Yeah I heard that phrase, "the buck don't stop here", I never heard "the puck don't stop here" before, that doesn't really make sense, unless you're talking about hockey. :lolsign:

I wasn't dissin' FP by sayin' that he cursed in movies, don't get mad at me like I'm a hater, I'm just sayin' it how it is, I'm sure he curses in real life once in a while, he's human like everyone else and btw he did curse in "I'm Lookin' For The One"(To Be Wit Me) 'cause he said:"You know the puck don't stop here/

F***, the puck started here"

http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/frprince/co...looking.jfr.txt

Who knows maybe it was a typo there, but what difference does it make anyway, I don't think FP is great 'cause he doesn't curse in his songs, I think he's great 'cause of his humor and personality as an mc, and even though 2Pac cursed a lot I consider him the greatest mc of all time, to me it doesn't mean s*** if you curse in your songs or not, as long as you make quality music, and music is still entertainment too, not everything you say in music has to be true, but some movies are based on real life too, it ain't all fiction.

We aren't mad at ya dog, we're just saying our opinions u know? I don't fully agree u but what u say is right! Fo' sho' he's cursing in his life and sometimes in his movies or tracks, too! But just see it this way - Look at Will and Eminem, so u know what I mean, understand what I'm sayin'? This all isn't that important to me, if he curses then let him curse, if not then not. One thing is fo' sho', we all like him because of his personality and his character aaannnd for sure because of his great movies and albums he's givin' us!!! :clap:

Everyone of Y'all is cursing. I'm cursing in my lyrics, FuQ is cursing in his lyrics etc.

But that doesn't me that we are not as smart as somebody who's not cursing.

It's just about good music.

If 50 feels like makin' music for dem Geez on da street,

let him do this, why not? Cos' for dem Geez on da street dat's good music.

And for us Will Smith's stuff is dope.

Ya know what i'm sayin'

Im not cursing in my lyrics. Cursing are for 5-year-olds.

That's your opinion, I don't see nothing wrong wit cursing in lyrics on occasion to make a point but I don't let it overshadow my skills, AJ had a good point there, some rappers just finish each line in their songs saying f*** or s***, that's showing no skills doing that, there's no need to curse 100 times in a song, that's when it's too out of hand and displays no skills, with me cursing 5 times in one of my songs is the maximum, there ain't a need to curse that much. :ditto:

I think everyone can tell the difference between cursing excessively for lack of knowing better ways to express yourself or cursing to promote an image (slim shady!) and cursing to a limited degree in a legitimate way of expressing something.

And although it's nice that ppl can listen to Will Smith with kids or parents in the car, that doesn't make it great music! Is it an advantage to his music you may appreciate? Sure. But again, being "clean" in and of itself is no accomplishment.

I think everyone can tell the difference between cursing excessively for lack of knowing better ways to express yourself or cursing to promote an image (slim shady!) and cursing to a limited degree in a legitimate way of expressing something...

:werd: This verse right here represents the true lack of Eminem's skills:

"(Okay)

Don't make me wake this baby

She don't need to see what I'm about to do

Quit crying b****, why do you always make me shout at you?

How could you?

Just leave me and love him out the blue

Oh, what's a matter Kim?

Am I too loud for you?

Too bad b****, your gonna finally hear me out this time

At first, I'm like all right

You wanna throw me out? That's fine!

But not for him to take my place, are you out you're mind?

This couch, this TV, this whole house is mine!

How could you let him sleep in our bed?

Look at Kim

Look at your husband now!

(No!)

I said look at him!

He ain't so hot now is he?

Little punk!

(Why are you doing this?)

Shut the f*** up!

(You're drunk! You're never going to get away at this!)

You think I give a f***!

Come on we're going for a ride b****

(No!)

Sit up front

(Well I can't just leave Haley alone, what if she wakes up?)

We'll be right back

Well I will you'll be in the trunk"

That barely rhymes too if you look at it. :roll: