Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hitch UK Premieres

Hero1

• Admin

Monday, 7th February 2005

Here comes Hollywood's man in black

Carl Palmer

STAR: Smith with Eva Mendes in his latest film

MOVIE giant Will Smith is coming to Manchester - to launch his latest blockbuster film and meet his legion of fans.

The Manchester premiere of new comedy Hitch on Tuesday February 22 will be the first time the Hollywood star has visited the city.

It will also mark the start of an amazing day for Smith, famed for his Mr Clean image, as he embarks on a race against the clock - jetting around the country to attend three gala premieres in one day.

He will begin the day with an early dash from London to Manchester city centre to meet his fans before a glittering premiere showing of Hitch at The Printworks.

The former best-selling rapper and star of the film Men in Black is expected to arrive at noon for a spectacular showbiz event as crowds gather to watch a glittering array of star guests walk the red carpet with the Hollywood giant.

After greeting fans and introducing the film to the audience, 35-year-old Smith will then make a dash to his next premiere in Birmingham, at the UGC Broad Street.

Supportive

Finally he will travel back to London for a star-studded evening premiere at the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square.

Richard Napper, managing director, Sony Pictures UK, said: "We are very excited about the prospect of bringing Will Smith to Manchester to celebrate the release of Hitch. The city authorities have been incredibly supportive of this initiative and share our excitement. It will be an extraordinary event and a great day for the people of Manchester.

"Staging three premieres in one day in three different cities, with a major Hollywood star attending each event, has never been done before and is set to make premiere history."

In the film Smith plays Alex "Hitch" Hitchens, a legendary New York City "date doctor" who, for a fee, helps countless men woo the women of their dreams.

Hitch will be released in cinemas across the UK on March 11 with a 12A certificate.

so is he performing at london, it doesn't say anything in the article

he should do, i imagine he would fly private jet to all cities, and he's only there to introduce it, meet a few fans, then off he goes.

maybe Tim can give us some more info

Edited by JamesUK

That's fantastic, Julie might be able to see him now!!!

lol yeah i hope he saves his energy for performing :lolsign:

Trouble is he won't perfom in manchester/birmingham, i think they are more like flying visits.

on the plus side it's good he's taking the time to go round the UK, all bode's well for the tour !! :thumb:

That's fantastic, Julie might be able to see him now!!!

lol yeah i hope he saves his energy for performing :lolsign:

Trouble is he won't perfom in manchester/birmingham, i think they are more like flying visits.

on the plus side it's good he's taking the time to go round the UK, all bode's well for the tour !! :thumb:

yeah i know, but seeing him is better than nothing! and it's def a surprise that he's goin there...as you say, it could all be pre-tour stuff... :fingersx:

i'm just worried he won't even perform in London :sad6:

IM GOING TO SEE WILL SMITH!!!!!!!

Just gotta get my tickets but my journey is planned, i cant believe how lucky i am that this has happened, im not really expecting him to perform but i can see him. Im so excited!!!!!! There arnt enough exclamation marks to show how excited i am!!!!

yeah even if he just walks past and i have to yell at him its worth it, im hoping he will sign somethin for me. Lunchtime on a weekday there cant be that many ppl there for him to sign stuff so he has to come to me right?

I still cant believe hes coming an hour away from my house, this has gotta be the closest he has ever been and im going. Ive still gotta book the day off at work but if they dont let me im quitting.

Doesnt jonny live in the north too, he could go aswell.