JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

aggressive religious fundamentalism

Do you honestly think FP would just spit in the faces of different groups of religions?

Not at all. Hes just explaining I guess how it feels to be pressured by some of them looking to spread their religion. Like how mormans come to your door and ask you to convert or just to hear them so they could convince you to convert to their beliefs.

• Admin

the track "miss holy roller" is about a friend of his who had a conversion or sumthing..and then just at that point they go around trying to make everyone believe what they believe really aggressively..i think this track is gonna be dope!!

What is will talking about here? I am a very religious person, does he feel that a person can be too religious? Is he dissing people???? A specific religion maybe???

Thoughts...anyone?

I very much doubt that Will is in any way saying anything about ppl somehow being "too religious," but there is definately such a thing as approaching/dealing w. religion in a way that is inappopriate & possibly destructive. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions before u hear the song.

:bowrofl: (there is something very very wrong with this smiley's head...)

Edited by scyhigh99

I really doubt FP would write or record something distasteful. I haven't really read about song, but it could also be about people who are so caught up in their own religion that they are talking down on everyone else....or that some people's belifes are way 2 organized. Either way, i highly doubt we can expect something against faith from the man who brought us "The Rain." I will say that this track isn't at the top of my list of trax i wanna hear tho.'

• Admin

yep exactly..previously he'd shy away from this sort of thing..but now he says hes very comfortable giving his thoughts and views on things..this is great..because will is really laying himself on the line out there and giving himself to the fans..and really that is what a true emcee does

yep exactly..previously he'd shy away from this sort of thing..but now he says hes very comfortable giving his thoughts and views on things..this is great..because will is really laying himself on the line out there and giving himself to the fans..and really that is what a true emcee does

:werd: I figured that he'd mention more serious topics on the songs he records now 'cause he's a lil' older now and he could drop knowledge for us youngeons 'cause of all the things he's seen over the years, I don't expect it to be distasteful and negative, it's gonna be something that'll make you think, not every song should be a party song, being a more electic mc is what makes you a bigger legend.

doesnt what osama bin laden did count as aggressive religious fundamentalism?

Im sure Will wont say anything to offend any1, especially since his fanbase consists of so many different ppl of different religions. Definatly something to look forward to. Its songs like this that makes Will so much more of a respected rapper than every1 else.

doesnt what osama bin laden did count as aggressive religious fundamentalism?

Im sure Will wont say anything to offend any1, especially since his fanbase consists of so many different ppl of different religions. Definatly something to look forward to. Its songs like this that makes Will so much more of a respected rapper than every1 else.

Yeah, well said.

he has fans all around the world, of different religions.

it wouldn't be smart to sing a song that offends any religion, cause he would hit someone for sure.