Big Will VS Fresh Prince

Hero1

what name should wills new music be under  

93 members have voted

1. 1. what name should wills new music be under

• Will Smith
    • Fresh Prince

• Members

I can't stand when people refur 2 him as Big Will...that's so annoying. I know he calls himself that sometimes...but it's so "Jiggy" 2 me. I like that recent review of Lost + Found where they said the "Big Will days are over."

I'm the complete opposite of this

I hate it when people just refer to him as Will Smith (While discussing music)

I mean thats the rap name he choice you should call him by it

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before Fresh Prince forever but there ain't nothin' wrong with callin' himself by his real name 'cause Nas has his real name on his albums now too: Nasir Jones, actually I think that's kinda cool to do it that way too in a sense 'cause it's about being yourself and you could use your real name if you want to, but he should definately refer himself to Fresh Prince 'cause that's who he is too! :peace:

Yeah I couldn't even read this whole thread b/c ppl go into the topic waaaaaaay too deeply lol but I agree w/ whoever said as long as good music is comin, it's cool either way. Although I suppose if I could choose I'd pick Fresh Prince. No reason, so don't analyze.

• Members

I think the only time he should use Fresh Prince is when Jeff is with him.

i agree with this :ditto: anything with Jazzy should be labelled as jazzy jeff and fresh prince.. solo stuff can be Big Will

But you can't drop out an album as Will Smith and the next album with JJ & The Fresh Prince. That's confusing.

Nobody else does that...

i think the fresh prince would be kind of childish for will now

Right, but I think FP sounds cooler

i think one of the problems with wills stuff on columbia was they didnt seperate the movie star from the music star... i think all his music even if its solo should come under "fresh prince" and if its movies then will smith... i think then people know fresh prince the emcee is comin at ya.. there definitely needs to be somethin so that people dont think its just some big hollywood star doing music... and all music being labelled fresh prince is the way 2 go..

your damn right hero1, I would say too, that they should have seperated his acting and singing career. btw really cool page, I am a big fan of Will, but just now I found your page, I don't know why I haven't earlier. Respect!!

:thumb:

i think one of the problems with wills stuff on columbia was they didnt seperate the movie star from the music star... i think all his music even if its solo should come under "fresh prince" and if its movies then will smith... i think then people know fresh prince the emcee is comin at ya.. there definitely needs to be somethin so that people dont think its just some big hollywood star doing music... and all music being labelled fresh prince is the way 2 go..

your damn right hero1, I would say too, that they should have seperated his acting and singing career. btw really cool page, I am a big fan of Will, but just now I found your page, I don't know why I haven't earlier. Respect!!

:thumb:

You like Jeff too I hope :fraggleno:

He can call himself "Mr. Bigglesworth" for all I care as long as the music he's making is real and from the heart.

I don't care what he calls himself, although "Mr. Bigglesworth" is kinda scary... just as long as his music rocks, it's all good! :dancingcool:

• 2 months later...

I think go with Will Smith. Fresh Prince is an old school name from the old school when he and Jazzy Jeff made old school music. Will Smith represents a more refined, mature, and real artist. It is more serious for the more serious and meaningful music he is making now.

I compare them by albums.

Fresh Prince Classics: He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper and Homebase

Fresh Prince Good Albums: Code Red and Rock the House

Fresh Prince Mediocre Albums: And in This Corner...

Will Smith Classics: Big Willie Style and Lost & Found

Will Smith Good Albums: Willenium

Will Smith Mediocre Albums: Born to Reign

To me they're equal.

• 2 years later...

Wow old thread

But anyway

Keep it has Fresh Prince the rapper and Will Smith the actor. The Big Will thing is just really corny to me, i hate it on tracks like Party starter where he just yells out ''Big willie'' at the start of the song. It's just cheesy to me