Big Will VS Fresh Prince

Hero1

what name should wills new music be under  

93 members have voted

1. 1. what name should wills new music be under

• Will Smith
    • Fresh Prince

• Admin
i think one of the problems with wills stuff on columbia was they didnt seperate the movie star from the music star... i think all his music even if its solo should come under "fresh prince" and if its movies then will smith... i think then people know fresh prince the emcee is comin at ya.. there definitely needs to be somethin so that people dont think its just some big hollywood star doing music... and all music being labelled fresh prince is the way 2 go..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 me, it kinda depends on what the style is. If it's slick radio-friendly Hip-Hop music, then Will Smith works fine. In that case, Fresh Prince wouldn't make much sense. However, if he's working on Hip-Hop music from the soul relying off alot of old skool 4mulas...then Fresh Prince would be fine. Of course, that name always looks even better next 2 "DJ Jazzy Jeff."

I don't think seperating the emcee from the actor would make 2 much of a difference since he's so well known 2 the world. I think he can carry a legit solo career under the name "Will Smith." I just think that it's the music itself that should determine the title he goes by.

Will's always called himself by both names so it dosen't bug me as long as the music speaks 4 itself.

Take it back to the essence, Fresh Prince is the way that he should throw it back to. LL didn't change his rap name to James Smith after all these years, so Will should keep it real!

Guest Guest_guest
so Will's not "keeping it real" for using his real name which happens to be... Will Smith? Please. U guys need to stop being so critical and let will do his thing. And the moniker Fresh Prince is so 80's. Get with the times people

So what if it was so 80's.

It would show that Will is still true to his roots and he can still be the Fresh Prince of the early 90's who was kinda cocky and still goofy and what not. Jeff's said in interviews that Will is still the same guy as he was back in the day. With that said, Will could easily do the "Fresh Prince" name again.

People would recognize him again as "Fresh Prince" because the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is still being showed every night in countrys in the world. Infact, In 15 minutes, its gonna be on. lol.

Will Smith maybe his real name but save that for the movies and use "Fresh Prince" for music again.

• Admin
[quote=Guest_guest,Apr 19 2004, 01:57 PM]so Will's not "keeping it real" for using his real name which happens to be... Will Smith? Please. U guys need to stop being so critical and let will do his thing. And the moniker Fresh Prince is so 80's. Get with the times people[/quote]
so you prefer him calling himself "Big Will" thats so corny .. id take fresh prince from the 80s over that any day :poke:

[quote=Hero1,Apr 19 2004, 05:55 PM][quote=Guest_guest,Apr 19 2004, 01:57 PM] so Will's not "keeping it real" for using his real name which happens to be... Will Smith?  Please.  U guys need to stop being so critical and let will do his thing.  And the moniker Fresh Prince is so 80's.  Get with the times people[/quote]
so you prefer him calling himself "Big Will" thats so corny .. id take fresh prince from the 80s over that any day :poke: [/quote]
hell yeah...

"big will" - please....that was hot for one album...let it die already.....lol.

Ha ha...i looked at the "Holla Back" credits the other day (one of the most "Fresh Prince" trax he's done since he's come back as a solo artist and he is credited as "Big Will" for background vocals...ha ha. I never liked that nickname tho'. It served it's purpose for BWS...but that era is over.

I remember interviews back in 1997 when he waz announcing his return 2 Hip-Hop. When he waz asked if it would be under "Will Smith" or "Fresh Prince", he said that he left it blank on the paper work...ha ha. He said that old skool heads will always call him "Fresh Prince" and that newer fans will probably call him "Will Smith" so he didn't know what 2 put down. It waz an MTV interview i think.

Big Will...
I think that all of u know that I like Will in this perioud of time then back in the days...
more sirious Will, Father, familly man... movie satr (altho I don't like it all the time)...
I love the songs from 3 solos then all the music he made with Jeff... (altho I love the scratching)

I choose big Will altho I have a loving spot in my heart...