JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

the theme song

scyhigh99

i am convinced that aside from the carlton dance and jazz gettin thrown outta the house by uncle phil (yay for running gags) the best thing about fresh prince of bel air was the theme song

mostly because everybody knows the lyrics

everybody

this is not a JJFP-fan-only phenomena

nor is it exclusive to fans of the show

everyone from ages... 10 to 30, id say, knows all the words by heart... yes EVERYone this age... in the world

my proof for this theory lies in one of my favorite stupid stories in high school looking back now as a senior... in sophomore chem class-- which was kind of a joke, w/ a teacher who couldnt keep things under control-- starting low at first and slowly gaining power and volume until we were all rappin together in unison, my entire class sang the fresh prince theme song, from start to end, in the middle of a lecture... we enjoy finding odd ways to disrupt the learning process

good timessssssssssssssss

allright, this post admittedly makes no sense... but really, every1 knows that song, its hilariously ridiculous... soooooo... smell ya lata :cya:

Edited by scyhigh99

The theme song is translated here in Sweden and I dont like it...

"Bilen var "FRESH" och det va' ja' me' så det va' bra"

"The car was FRESH and so was I so that was good."

"Taxin formligen flög"

"The taxi was formally flying"

Everything sounds kinda strange cus we dont use "formally/formligen" any longer... sounds like a rap from 1690.

I think "Yo! Home To Bel-Air" is the best known Hip-Hop song ever. Whenever the songs comes on, every single one of my friends starts rapping it. No matter their background, they all know it. Alot of my friends also have it as the ringer on their cellphones.

when Will came to TRL a few months back, the interviewer asked him if he could still remmember the lyrics to it, he started rappin and the whole room of ppl joined in, Will didnt even need to rap it bcoz every person in that room seemed to know it. Its a phenomina we will never explain lol.

yup, today a few of my m8s were ova and FPOBA came on and we all rapped it without noticin untill the last minute....haha

AH!!!!! he said "mates"! it took me like 10 minutes to read it correctly w/ the "8", and then it absolutely killed me-- again the easily amused thing.... to take a word outta my own local jargon, it was wicked pissa :highfive: (high five for that!)