JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith to Play Dr. S. Allen Counter

willreign

Will Smith and Columbia Pictures are teaming to bring to the screen the story of Dr. S. Allen Counter, a Harvard professor and professional explorer, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The studio has purchased a screenplay from screenwriter Sid Quashie centering on Counter for Smith and James Lassiter's Overbrook Entertainment to produce.

The project is described as an adventure romance based on Counter's explorations. It's not clear which expedition it will center on, but Counter has done research on indigenous people of the rain forest in Suriname as well as on Eskimo tribes in Greenland.

• Admin
Mr Smith, I Presume?

Will Smith to play Harvard explorer
16 April 2004
Having recently fought off alien invaders in Men In Black 2, and set to combat murderous robots this summer in I, Robot, Will Smith is probably long overdue a holiday someplace exotic – in the jungle, say, or in the fresh air of Greenland. No doubt with that in mind, the former Fresh Prince has signed on for a biopic of Dr S. Allen Counter, a Harvard neuroscience professor and professional explorer who has worked in the Arctic, the Andes, the Amazon and Egypt.

The film is described as "an adventure romance based on Counter's explorations" which confirms our immediate suspicion that the focus of the story will not be on Dr Counter winning his truly awe-inspiring list of qualifications.

There is no word yet as to when filming is expected to begin, but given Will Smith's busy schedule that is hardly a surprise. As well as beginning promotional duties for I, Robot, Will is still finishing voice work as the central character in Shark Tale and is filming The Last First Kiss, where he plays a matchmaker who must pair off an undercover journalist intent on exposing him as a fraud. Something of a change of pace for the man who spent his last film demolishing most of Miami, but we're sure Smith can pull it off.

And we wonder why Will isn't in the limelight anymore..

movies, movies, movies....damnit....

do more albums, do a real tour for the first time in years and focus on music while your still young damnit. Your rich as hell and Jada can do movies and you can focus on music.

sorry if I seem like a doubter, I just don't care for news like this. :werd:

Stop signing movies! Sign a damn label contract and produce music. jeezs. movies will never end or a least put on hold for a while. :cussing: :werd:

thanks Jeff for staying true to the music....not saying Will ain't but it don't look like he is. :tear: Edited by DevilsJim89

:werd: How many movies does Will have to do? He's a great actor but we've been hearing more news about his upcoming movies in the next few yrs. than we do about his next album, which I hope comes out this year! Is Will strung that Eminem won an Oscar and he still didn't? I find that to be bull**** when Eminem can't act!! :cussing:

Guest Guest_guest
^^^eminem won an oscar for the song in 8mile, not his acting
Also if u guys are the "fans" u say u are u should be happy Will is in another movie. Celebrity fades fast and Will's acting has surpassed his rap career. I know you will all attack me for saying that but it's the truth. I personally like Will in movies, not music. Let him do his thing. If he likes acting, so be it. U don't have 2 get all worked up about it. He's 35 for god sakes. Even Dr. Dre has thought about retirement. When u get older, ppl start looking for younger artists. A lot of people feel LL Cool J has really fallen off and makes wack music now. I'd rather have Will be remebered as a good artist than someone who can't rap anymore

[quote]Stop signing movies! Sign a damn label contract and produce music. jeezs. movies will never end or a least put on hold for a while. [/quote]

wow Jim u look angrey...
and jazzy julie is 2 optimistic I think lol...
don't worry... Will will do a tour (in his movie)

[quote=willreign,Apr 20 2004, 05:34 AM][quote]Stop signing movies! Sign a damn label contract and produce music. jeezs. movies will never end or a least put on hold for a while. [/quote]

wow Jim u look angrey...
and jazzy julie is 2 optimistic I think lol...
don't worry... Will will do a tour (in his movie) [/quote]
yeah man, I'm so sick of these movies...more and more movies. never seems to end or a least put on hold for a while. I can't understand what Will is thinking right now, I mean come on, he's a rich man with a family. Jada also acts so she reels in more than enough money to pay for the family. Will is still young, he should be focused on coming back into the game. Do a tour, not a movie tour, who cares about that, people are gonna see it anyway. lol. Do a real music tour like back in the day. This whole movie thing is wack. I want more music from him, he doesn't at all look like he's a rapper first, just a bigshot hollywood face. Think about it, if he raps everyday, why aren't there any mixtapes and stuff? How come we hear nothing from him regarding music. Look at Jeff, he stays true to the music, true to Philly, if Will could just break away from movies for like a year, he would have enough time to take some time out from acting and just relax and do music with Jeff. Maybe Will could even tour with Jeff. Yeah sure, Will has a family so he can't but what about Jeff? Jeff has a family but he still manages that and music.

I know, it sounds like I'm a doubter in Will but things just aren't great right now with him in music. Can he still rock it at 36 years old? Top the charts and stuff, man who knows. Not like I care, but I would kill to see him with Jeff and just go for a 6th JJFP album. And a tour. Come to jersey so I can see a live concert and all that.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, I dunno. Am I the only one that feels this way? :werd:

• Admin
will needs to leave a few months between last first kiss and this next movie..so that will and jeff can record that jazzy jeff and fresh prince album.. but wills still making music now so i dont care how many movies hes doin..if hes still recordin music im happy...he just needs to release it!! :cussing:

i agree with u Jim, i think if Will did take time off from movies and concentrate on his music he could definalty got multiplatinum again. I think his music does take a backseat and he needs 2 properly promote it without a movie hanging over it.

Also i wanna c jjfp live so badly. I think it would be the best moment in my life, even if they just went to London over hear in the UK, i would pay a lot of money just 2 get down there 2 c them.