JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Switch --> Another Single --> Lost and Found?

Da Brakes

Just wondering would everyone like Will to realease another single before he releases his albm, or just to release it after Switch. I personally would like him to release one more single then the album.

I just think that if he releases the album people that aren't hardcore fans won't buy the singles that he releases afterwards! I know thats what I do with certain artists that release stuff!

What do you guys think?!

Tricky descision, but the way things are going time wise it would be hard to get 2 singles out before that April 5th date, and i dont' think we really want that to be put back

It depends. If the song is HUGE still as the album drops, he might not need another single. Look at Usher's "Yeah"....they timed that perfectly that as his fans got sick of that song, "Burn" came out. But commercial fans were still lovin' "Yeah." 2 me, it depends on success and timing. I don't really care 2 see a remix video, but since there is news that they did it...bring it on after a month or so of success.

Just wondering would everyone like Will to realease another single before he releases his albm, or just to release it after Switch. I personally would like him to release one more single then the album.

I just think that if he releases the album people that aren't hardcore fans won't buy the singles that he releases afterwards! I know thats what I do with certain artists that release stuff!

What do you guys think?!

Yeah, that'd be not so bad, I agree u. He should release one more single so people can buy the single-cds and can see how the album's gonna be like... :switch:

They don't really release singles here in the US anymore. We get more import singles than US singles these days. Most US fans don't even know that singles come out anymore...so singles are pretty pointless here in the US. Besides, commercial fans will ONLY buy the singles and not the album.

Well if this song's a hit, which it should be, there would be no need to release another single until after the album drops.

id like another single b4 the album, i dunno if that would work or not. When u get the album its like an overload of all these songs and u cant decided which u like best.

If we had another single at least it would give us time to appriciate it as 1 song, if u get me?

I think tho, if there is switch and the remix, it should give it enough hype to last until the album.