JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FuQ - Brought Upon A Dream

mfuqua23

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to understand FuQ's lyrics listening to the song, but that's good point that you made Da Brakes, there's a reason why the pros spend all the money they do to make a song either in the studio or from a high-priced laptop to for it to be quality audio, but this is a good way for FUQ to promote himself for now.

I was able to understand FuQ's lyrics listening to the song, but that's good point that you made Da Brakes, there's a reason why the pros spend all the money they do to make a song either in the studio or from a high-priced laptop to for it to be quality audio, but this is a good way for FUQ to promote himself for now.

You don't have to spend a lot of money at all to get decent quality audio. I did it for really cheap!!

brakes - I figured that. It's just want I'm using. I've tried some of the beat machines, and those just weren't my niche. Cool edit was too slow, and too advanced for me.

bigted - yeah, this all I got. But we really should be fortunate to have what we have. My parents got me this computer to benefit me cuz of school work and stuff. It's makes things easier. And if I didn't have it, I wouldn't let that stop me. Hip hop itself did not come up on computer. This genre's sound began, yes wit some electronics, but was an atmosphere of sound in some select areas where it had been exposed. Artists didn't have this stuff. It was all dependent on word of mouf, the drive they had, and speakin loud enuff to be heard by anyone around. Mic or nary of one. Hip hop can go anywhere we wanna take it, so let's keep it and increases it's journey in going positive.

joe - not made it big yet? That answer is all on me. iF ever a day I feel like, no one is giving me a chance, ask if I were to be signed today, would I really deserve it? For quite some time the answer is no. But sooner than later, I can get out of it what I put into it. And like Will says "nothing worth having if it's not worth a fight"

Well I bought my computer for studies too basically, I don't wanna make songs on it, I wanna try to make it the ol' fashioned way by workin' hard and I'll gradually have my own studio to make songs in, it's only a matter of time, we really don't know how lucky we have it compared to the ol' school cats that pioneered hip-hop, I already have fans from all over without even recording a song just from posting some of my lyrics on this forum.

It just wasn't running like most of my other regular programs. Like, I can stand to wait some 30 seconds or so. Maybe even a minute. But for it to just be wit the same screen and not opening for so many minutes; just wasn't worth having. I had no problem doin'it the way I had been doing it. And I progress findin' new functions to experiment with, yet only doing so much.

For me to "just put songs on-line and get signed", oh no no, that's not gonna happen. That can help, but it's not gonna be the case alone. Not sure if it's just an American phrase, but they say "Lawyers(or whatever U wanna say) are a dime a dozen. Well, I feel that "rappers" are a dozen a dozen. It's just a matter of how things work for people, whether U like it or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't call myself a pro, but my quality is damn sure close to it, and trust me, my setup is not that expensive.

The lyrics are fine, however, your flow sounds a bit choppy over this beat, and if this going to be an album single for your album, I'd work on the mixing of it, uses WAY too much reverb/delay. If you need tips on mixing hit me u.

Choppy may be the exact word, cuz my process of mixing is. I can't mix the song together all at once. Or even verse by verse. I have to do like a few lines or every so many seconds. (probably a max of 8) Cuz if I do it the regular way, my verses drag and it's off beat.

I wouldn't call myself a pro, but my quality is damn sure close to it, and trust me, my setup is not that expensive.

That's easy for you to say man 'cause you're signed to a record label ain't u? :dunno:

well even if he is, he may not be guaranteed all the studio time he wants. and even so, his recordings aren't perfect. THere a lil "fuzz buzz". Or maybe I'm just not into the voice effects. And my vocals for "Brought Upon A Dream", I wanted to sound like that. Best to my ability. Cuz U know how people get in a dream-state and voices sound reverb-ish. Well that's what I did, or tried to do.