JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Switch Song and Video

Hero1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for puttin up Switch-- I've been wanting to hear it-- but how am I the only fan dissapointed w/ this track?? I was hopin for another classic Will Smith cut, but all I got was unimaginative, bland rhymes over a run-of-the-mill, repetative dance beat. Hope the album offers somethin more than this, or I'm def not buying it. Born to Reign was the weakest album the Prince came out w/ since he started his solo career post-Jeff, and if this type of crap is all he's got for a new collection, maybe Smith should give it up & stick with the movies. Hey, the truth hurts! :daedulus:

Thanks for puttin up Switch-- I've been wanting to hear it-- but how am I the only fan dissapointed w/ this track?? I was hopin for another classic Will Smith cut, but all I got was unimaginative, bland rhymes over a run-of-the-mill, repetative dance beat. Hope the album offers somethin more than this, or I'm def not buying it. Born to Reign was the weakest album the Prince came out w/ since he started his solo career post-Jeff, and if this type of crap is all he's got for a new collection, maybe Smith should give it up & stick with the movies. Hey, the truth hurts! :daedulus:

but what happens if you like the song

• Members

Thanks for puttin up Switch-- I've been wanting to hear it-- but how am I the only fan dissapointed w/ this track??  I was hopin for another classic Will Smith cut, but all I got was unimaginative, bland rhymes over a run-of-the-mill, repetative dance beat.  Hope the album offers somethin more than this, or I'm def not buying it.  Born to Reign was the weakest album the Prince came out w/ since he started his solo career post-Jeff, and if this type of crap is all he's got for a new collection, maybe Smith should give it up & stick with the movies.  Hey, the truth hurts! :daedulus:

watever man, hide the truth then wats the matter u dont appriciate oldskul music and u call yoself a will smith fan? u'r disapointing :daedulus:

• Members

Thanks for puttin up Switch-- I've been wanting to hear it-- but how am I the only fan dissapointed w/ this track??  I was hopin for another classic Will Smith cut, but all I got was unimaginative, bland rhymes over a run-of-the-mill, repetative dance beat.  Hope the album offers somethin more than this, or I'm def not buying it.  Born to Reign was the weakest album the Prince came out w/ since he started his solo career post-Jeff, and if this type of crap is all he's got for a new collection, maybe Smith should give it up & stick with the movies.  Hey, the truth hurts! :daedulus:

watever man, hide the truth then wats the matter u dont appriciate oldskul music and u call yoself a will smith fan? u'r disapointing :daedulus:

and im trying to hear it can u help me out hear ?

and im trying to hear it can u help me out hear ?

:hilarious: you havent even heard it :hilarious:

:nhawong:

clearly my post was hugely over-the-top in the way i worded it like a wanna-be music reviewer.

BUT

i stand by my assesment of switch. if you like it like the 1st first replyer-- fine-- but it definately lacks the elements i liked about many of will's old songs.

whatever.

i was mostly just dissapointed b/c i waited for the song so long, checkin this website for updates pretty regularly since i heard will was releasin a new record sometime around the end of the summer. i even signed up for this msg board to hear the song and whatnot. and then i heard a nelly-quality dance track.

in conclusion AND in summary, i hope the albums better than the single and that will smith die-hard "hero" can cool his jets with the whole "who-do-you-think-you-are" complex. gosh.

i'm out like ready rock c. :cya: