JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rate Switch(listen to it @ willsmith.com)

Hero1

how do you rate switch?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. how do you rate switch?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That "heeeey" makes me really crazy man. I can't feel that song, sorry! :dunno: Its just a disco banger and nothing more. at the same level as the other stuff out right now.

i finally heard the track and i agree with you defcem ... i gave it 3 points out of 10 .... that hhhhheeee-eeeeey-eeeyy and uuuuh-uuh is just terribly awfull and boring!!! what i like most is the sax in the hook... i usually like these fast clap beats - in honeymoon days by arrested development it's just incredible dope - but the one in switch doesn't really fit with its bass in my opinion. it just gets boring at the end of the song. will's rapping is good...not great, not bad.

i think this is will's worst first single out of an album ever ... like defcem said: i don't think it's true what everybody here says: that will is soooo different from all other artists in the mainstream. all the others are not real, but will is ... Will's just jumping on this boring kind-of-hiphop-dancehall-ass-shaking train.

i'm honestly and deeply disappointed by this track.

If u don't like it, u don't like it, that's ur opinion, but why u gotta keep on talkin' about why u don't like it so much? U have the right not to like it, that's just ur opinion, but I personnally find it extremely catchy, clever, and representin' what hip-hop should be about, having fun. If u ain't got nothin' nice to say, don't say nothin'! :ditto:

• Members

like you said, everbody got his own oppinion... and if my oppinion about the track is bad why not expressing my dissapointment? should i say nothing so that everybody thinks that everybody loves the track ... a forum is only interesting when there are some different oppinions. it would be kind of boring if everyone would like and say the same, don't you think?

• Admin

well the poll shows 80 % rate it 8 or higher..but you look at this thread and the 10% who dont seem to really goin on abt it.. switch is a dope fun club track.. i bet lost & found will be nothin like it and a 100 X better..but enjoy switch for what it is..a fun rap single which is frankly a breath of fresh air if you look at all the garbage on the charts at the moment

oh, and i don't think hiphop is or should be all about fun... isn't it the variety of topics and sounds and styles etc that makes hiphop so interesting and great?

:werd: Hell yes it does, if you listen to Will's albums, he addresses a lot of different topics, but the difference between him and a lot of other commercial mcs is that he knows how to have fun too, all they do is talk about killing(which they don't), 'hood life they don't live anymore, and f'ing b****s(they don't get none 'cause they're really broke, lol), so if you think it's cool to talk about that all the time, enjoy. Well if you want to keep on talking about why you don't like "Switch" so much, I'll keep talking about I like "Switch", I get ur point already if u don't like it!

• Members

QUOTE (rockthehouse @ Feb 18 2005, 11:17 AM)

QUOTE (DefCEM @ Jan 30 2005, 08:12 AM)

That "heeeey" makes me really crazy man. I can't feel that song, sorry! Its just a disco banger and nothing more. at the same level as the other stuff out right now.

i finally heard the track and i agree with you defcem ... i gave it 3 points out of 10 .... that hhhhheeee-eeeeey-eeeyy and uuuuh-uuh is just terribly awfull and boring!!! what i like most is the sax in the hook... i usually like these fast clap beats - in honeymoon days by arrested development it's just incredible dope - but the one in switch doesn't really fit with its bass in my opinion. it just gets boring at the end of the song. will's rapping is good...not great, not bad.

i think this is will's worst first single out of an album ever ... like defcem said: i don't think it's true what everybody here says: that will is soooo different from all other artists in the mainstream. all the others are not real, but will is ... Will's just jumping on this boring kind-of-hiphop-dancehall-ass-shaking train.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

my opinion on th heeeeeys is that there is one to many, only one

the one after the kinda singing bit "SWITCHAROO" bit where all the music stops and the next hey one of them doesnt sound right to me one should of been taking out

--ex

i dont kno how 2 quote

Edited by ex0ddus

QUOTE (rockthehouse @ Feb 18 2005, 11:17 AM)

QUOTE (DefCEM @ Jan 30 2005, 08:12 AM)

That "heeeey" makes me really crazy man. I can't feel that song, sorry! Its just a disco banger and nothing more. at the same level as the other stuff out right now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

my opinion on th heeeeeys is that there is one to many, only one

the one after the kinda singing bit "SWITCHAROO" bit where all the music stops and the next hey one of them doesnt sound right to me one should of been taking out

--ex

i dont kno how 2 quote

Yeah opinions are different man... I can feel u with that whatchu are sayin' but I like the track, gave it a 8 but just a lil' bit I was also disappointed - just a lil' bit! :sonny:

• 1 year later...

looking back, i was right in my predictions. i never grew to like the song more than i did at that moment, however many of you that gave it 10 are probably sick of the song and the "milking switch" movement. :kekeke:

good call on the monster hit Tim, that was right on