JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rate Switch(listen to it @ willsmith.com)

Hero1

how do you rate switch?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. how do you rate switch?

• Members

I DJ the other night and I know a lot of you might be mad at me for doing this but I had a little preview of switch for all to listen to and it was horrible people were sitting at there tabl;es and leaving and they just didnt like it at all and it was all hip hop music that I played any way but they just didnt like it so yea I hope others like it once its released and sry for playing it for those who would be mad I just wanted to see how people would react and there was a good 400 some people there atleast in one point in time

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read my post again...i'm not comparing "Switch" and "Yeah!" musically...i'm saying that i think "Switch" will be like "Yeah!" in the sense that the lead single of the album won't represent the album properly. "Yeah!" wazn't Usher's usual style, but he used as a lead single and it waz huge...but when u listen 2 his album, none of the other trax are like it....that's what i think "Switch" will be like. When we finally hear the album, none of the songs will be like it.

Yeah, but the other tracks will be way more great than ''Switch'', just like on the Usher album - ''Yeah'' was great, but the other tracks were way better than that!!! :thumb:

yey im so excited i just heard switch on the radio for the first time, i heard it on kiss fm, it was on my new radio too so i got it in CD quality. They didnt play my fave part tho the bit that goes "it aint really that hard to do..." i guess its the radio edit.

The DJ said to txt in with comments so i will keep listening and post em.

Few i gotta get my breath back now, that switch dance tires u out lol.

yey im so excited i just heard switch on the radio for the first time, i heard it on kiss fm, it was on my new radio too so i got it in CD quality. They didnt play my fave part tho the bit that goes "it aint really that hard to do..." i guess its the radio edit.

The DJ said to txt in with comments so i will keep listening and post em.

Few i gotta get my breath back now, that switch dance tires u out lol.

My favourite part, too! :thumb:

• Members

Sorry for me it sounds ridiculous..what you are posting about this song...

Ok...it is an okay-song but just to give it a 10, because it is the first single in years by will ...its a lil :nhawong:

The beat is nice...commercial...dancefloor.... a bit like lumidee 2 years ago...

his rap is the best part of the single...

But the hook sounds really bad especially with the one sound which doesnt fit in at all...cannot explain..a sound in words....this pop/techno sound...

The screaming reminds me of the first single of the Born to rain album...which you all rated not in this high hemisphaere...

I gave the single a 6----cause i am a JJFP supporter 4 life....but in comparison...to songs like...gettin jiggy with it,..Men in Black...Summertime, Boom shake the room... ..etc. its really not in this same category

Maybe you´ll agree.

Can´t wait 4 the album....i want.. a song with will & Timbo...and Will vs. Kanye....hope 4 the best...

Take Care

G-Star

Sorry for me it sounds ridiculous..what you are posting about this song...

Ok...it is an okay-song but just to give it a 10, because it is the first single in years by will ...its a lil :nhawong:

The beat is nice...commercial...dancefloor.... a bit like lumidee 2 years ago...

his rap is the best part of the single...

But the hook sounds really bad especially with the one sound which doesnt fit in at all...cannot explain..a sound in words....this pop/techno sound...

The screaming reminds me of the first single of the Born to rain album...which you all rated not in this high hemisphaere...

I gave the single a 6----cause i am a JJFP supporter 4 life....but in comparison...to songs like...gettin jiggy with it,..Men in Black...Summertime, Boom shake the room... ..etc. its really not in this same category

Maybe you´ll agree.

Can´t wait 4 the album....i want.. a song with will & Timbo...and Will vs. Kanye....hope 4 the best...

Take Care

G-Star

Yeah, that's right but it isn't that bad and I like Born To Reign, too! So I think the song deserves an 8! :thumb:

:clap::clap::clap: Switch :clap::clap: :clap:

• Members

That "heeeey" makes me really crazy man. I can't feel that song, sorry! :dunno: Its just a disco banger and nothing more. at the same level as the other stuff out right now.

i finally heard the track and i agree with you defcem ... i gave it 3 points out of 10 .... that hhhhheeee-eeeeey-eeeyy and uuuuh-uuh is just terribly awfull and boring!!! what i like most is the sax in the hook... i usually like these fast clap beats - in honeymoon days by arrested development it's just incredible dope - but the one in switch doesn't really fit with its bass in my opinion. it just gets boring at the end of the song. will's rapping is good...not great, not bad.

i think this is will's worst first single out of an album ever ... like defcem said: i don't think it's true what everybody here says: that will is soooo different from all other artists in the mainstream. all the others are not real, but will is ... Will's just jumping on this boring kind-of-hiphop-dancehall-ass-shaking train.

i'm honestly and deeply disappointed by this track.

• Members

"I think that you're all just too damn hyped, cause of a new single after such a long time."

... and i agree again ... and before everybody tells me i'm a hater etc... i know what i'm talkin bout cause i used to be as much as hyped as y'all when a new will track came out ... i'm not anymore, and i can tell you: this is maximum a very average will song, just compare with other older singles. i mean not like giving summertime a 10 and so switch must have lesser... i mean, all the old singles had this unique will style, it was just fresh prince or big will or whatever, but this track is just so, so usual .... where's my Will Smith??