JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rate Switch(listen to it @ willsmith.com)

Hero1

how do you rate switch?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. how do you rate switch?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that this is a good single for Will to be putting out.  It lacks the format of other songs (16 bar verses) and he there wasn't much substance in what he said.  I would have liked to see a more polished sound and a better format.

okay let's be real here... what song out there in mainstream rap right NOW has substance? The most played here in LA are: Disco Inferno-50Cent, Drop it like It's Hot-Snoop, How We Do-Game, Bring Em Out- T.I just to name a few. They're all real big tracks and they have little substance. Sure they're a bit longer than Switch, but hey, there have been short rap songs that have become hits. I'll compare Switch to LL Cool J's Headsprung b/c that song was a dance song, which also had short verses. I'm a stickler for good rap music, and if I were to compare Headsprung to Switch, I gotta say Switch is a better song and has a better video. Headsprung was kinda corny, and most ppl said so too. Switch might be what ppl expect from Will Smith, but it does sound a bit new from what he usually puts out. I think it'll do fine on the radio, figuring they put Headsprung out, and that was played to death out here.

BTW: if you're looking for a hit song out now with substance, the radio is the wrong place 2 be lookin.

Edited by *mimi*

I don't know why everyone wants 2 compare "Switch" 2 "Headsprung." I think "Headsprung" is the better song. "Headsprung" is the personification of a club banger and i never heard anyone knock the song. "Switch" is ill, and while it'll be welcomed in the clubs, it's not just a club banger...it's a party track, it's got a bit of an island feel in the drums, it's not overly aggressive. Comparing the songs seems irrelevant 2 me.

I don't know why everyone wants 2 compare "Switch" 2 "Headsprung." I think "Headsprung" is the better song. "Headsprung" is the personification of a club banger and i never heard anyone knock the song. "Switch" is ill, and while it'll be welcomed in the clubs, it's not just a club banger...it's a party track, it's got a bit of an island feel in the drums, it's not overly aggressive. Comparing the songs seems irrelevant 2 me.

oh lord... u r one of the few who liked it. Everyone thought LL's rhymes in that one were horrid. "They call me big-eleh, big silleh..." I don't think that's cool at all. Sorry. The rhymes Will has in Switch are simple, but I like the beat and lyrics in Switch waay better.

I like Headsprung for what it was. A banging club track. I think the public will respond well to Switch. It should have no problems getting in the top 5! I mean if Ciara can get to number one with 'Goodies' (I hate this song!!) then Switch should have no trouble!!