JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

more Hitch reviews

Guest Kristin

Guest Kristin

A Romantic Comedy (Grand Slam) Home Run!, 27 January 2005

Author: Jorge Bernardo from Alexandria, Virginia

Okay, if you saw the trailer you may have thought, "Ha, ha. Another silly contrivance under the auspices of 'high concept'". Well, that may be true (it is high concept), but the actual movie is the most delightful surprise to all you romantic-comedy connoisseurs out there; it's HILARIOUS, the situations are fresh and unexpected and the writing is fantastic (for a high concept comedy; let's be honest about what we're dealing with here).

I saw this film tonight at a preview in Washington, DC and the audience laughed throughout. All I can say is that this film is going to make A LOT OF MONEY (probably $175M or so domestically is my prediction, it should do even better when word of mouth gets out) and it deserves to. Hats off to the writer and director whose names I'm about to look up here...go see it!

-------------------------------------

I loved it!, 27 January 2005

Author: generaly from United States

I'm a bit of a Will Smith fan, and a fan of all comedies, so I'm a little biased. There was a round of applause at the end of the preview, and a fair amount of laughter all though it. I didn't see the trailer, so I can't comment on it, but the movie was very well done.

Will Smith did a great job, and there was a good mix of characters in the movie. The direction was excellent, with very few weird moments. This could be a great date movie - good for loosening up the situation. Guys and girls laughed during the movie.

I'm a 46-year-old married male and I love explosions...but if you need explosions in your movies, don't go to this movie. On the other hand, if you live to laugh – give it a try…

---------------------------------

imdb.com

here's another one:

--------------------------------------------

Soooooo funny!!, 29 January 2005

Author: mglaeske (mglaeske@sbcglobal.net) from United States

I got tickets to a free screening of Hitch and thought it would be a cute movie. It was so much more. The entire audience was cracking up throughout the whole movie. i thought that we'd see the funniest parts of the movie in the trailer, but those scenes only scratch the surface. I'd have to say that this is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Will Smith & Kevin James were great!!!

Also, some romantic comedies are way too cheesy. That wasn't the case with Hitch. I'm definitely going to buy this movie when it comes out on DVD. But, for you cheap people who don't like to spend the $$$ to go to the movies (like me), this one is well worth the money. I may even go see it again when it opens.

Besides being extremely funny, it has really great shots of New York!!

------------------------

from imdb.com