JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What do you think about "da butta"?

I listen 2 this song the least off Willennium, but the lyrics are dope...I just don't feel the track 2 much overall. I would have liked it better if FP waz more aggressive on it, and Lil' Kim probably shouldn't even be on the song...i'd rather have someone like Queen Latifah replacing her...that'd be hot.

I don't wanna diss this track...but I think it's one of the weaker trax on the album.

[quote=WildWildWillennium,Apr 14 2004, 01:54 PM]I listen 2 this song the least off Willennium, but the lyrics are dope...I just don't feel the track 2 much overall. I would have liked it better if FP waz more aggressive on it, and Lil' Kim probably shouldn't even be on the song...i'd rather have someone like Queen Latifah replacing her...that'd be hot.

I don't wanna diss this track...but I think it's one of the weaker trax on the album.[/quote]
:werd: I agree wit you on that one, the track's a'ight but it didn't really stand out as much as the other tracks on the album.

"Da Butta"...hummm...sometimes i think it's the weakest song on Willennium...sometimes i like it. It's produced by Kay-Gee...so i expected something really good, like the stuff he'd do for Naughty By Nature, Next, or Jahiem...but it's definitly not on that level. Very simple...not bad at all, just simple.

Will's lyrics ain't bad at all, i'd just like 2 hear them over a different beat...or at least remixes this beat, beef it up a bit. I think Lil' Kim is wack and has no business on the track. There's just no chemistry between them even tho' they sounded like they were having fun. I think MC Lyte would be the perfect female 2 spit on that track (even tho' she waz already on "Who Am I."

It's just one of those trax that u are either in the mood 4, or u aren't. My and my friends listen 2 it 2gether simply cuz we love Fresh Prince and cuz we used 2 say "butta" alot back in the day. It just means something is good 4 those of u who didn't know what it meant.

BUTTA - good, hot, blazin'

• 2 weeks later...
In my opinion da butta is very good. I never skip this track and I think that with songs like this, will 2k and so fresh, willennium becomes a classic hip hop album. Probably u don't like it, but willennium needs it to be compleate!! :dj:

[quote=TooFresh,Apr 24 2004, 11:04 AM]In my opinion da butta is very good. I never skip this track and I think that with songs like this, will 2k and so fresh, willennium becomes a classic hip hop album. Probably u don't like it, but willennium needs it to be compleate!! :dj:[/quote]
Definatly, just I woulda prefered MC Lyte or Queen Latifah but its all good.