JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What dont you want 2 c?

Why dose everyone say "Miami" waz a latin influenced song? It didn't have any latin flava until Miami Sound Machine did that remix 2 it. Out of Miami, La Fiesta, and I Can't Stop, i think "Miami" waz the weakest track. All those things people are complaining about don't really bug me...unless the album waz filled with all of those qualities.

I have a feeling this new album will be nothing like the albums he did on Columbia...so don't be 2 worried.

1. No latin tracks

- Miami was dope, La Fiesta was eh and I Cant Stop sucked. Theres no need for "de de de de de" to take up a whole verse which means less rapping.

2. Guest apperances to a minimum.

- Willenium was an overload of guests. You don't need a guest on every track maybe 2 to 4 guests at the most!

3. No "jiggy" follow-ups.

- You cant make another sequal to gettin jiggy wit it. Freakin it was a poor attempt (even tho i liked that song). I think this also crosses the "pop" factor line in which I agree.

4. Keep family to a minimum.

- I know FP is a family man but I hated how on Born to Reign, there was Willow Is a Player, the interlude before 1000 kisses, then 1000 kisses. In my mind, FP is better without the family in the music. Sure love songs are good, but I like how LL Cool J does 'em not the 1000 kisses way.

5. No slow songs, keep classic tempo

- What I mean by this is no tracks like "Maybe". That song totally sucked. I love when FP kicks the rhyme to the beat and just takes it and you for a ride. Have a better speed/flow on the raps.

this is just my opinions but I feel this is gonna be Will's best album since Code Red.

I sooooooo agree abot every part, but a latin track or two is okey. Especially 2, 4 and 5 is somethin' I agree with. Much. Very much.

Edited by Lerkot

i like the latin stuff, maybe its a woman thing i dunno, i just love it when Will drops his spanish. :lolsign:

I dont wanna hear slow songs like "momma knows" and "maybe". and less of the big will's and "de de de de de"

and i agree with less colabos too, the only thing wrong with willenium was all the other artists. but it sounds like there are loads of artists on the new album.

I don't have a real problem with anything. I like the slow stuff. It's not like he ever fills up an album with them anyway. There would only be 1 or 2. Take "No More" and "Ain't No Place Like Home"...those are considered slow right? I think they're both dope!!

The only thing I'm a little concerned about is how good the guest artists do on their verses. Especially Petey Pablo (if he even makes the cut).

Yeah, they did 4 trax 2gether. Look at it this way tho'...Jazzy Jeff had a big part on at least 1 more BWS style and it got cut. Warren G did at least 2 trax for BWS. Wyclef also worked with him while on Columbia. It's very easy 2 overlook trax due 2 quality of the music AND legal stuff. I really hope Petey Pablo isn't on the album, he has nothing good 2 offer.