JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BROWN SUGAR

JumpinJack AJ

A few weeks ago i bought the movie Brown Sugar cuz i always wanted 2 see it and it waz on sale. I just watched it 2nite. This movie is amazing. It's a great feel-good, tasteful Hip-Hop romantic comedy. The whole movie mixes love and Hip-Hop the whole way thru'out it. Queen Latifah and Mos Def has big parts in the movie and it also features cameos of artists as themselves...like Russle Simmons, Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick, Dana Dane, Jermaine Dupri, Talib Kweli, Method Man, and Angie Martinez.

This movie waz created for all people who grew up on Hip-Hop. The characters are only 3-5 years older than me and i could relate 2 so much of it. Anyone new 2 Hip-Hop or only exposed 2 the stuff on the radio, watch this movie 4 a taste of some good stuff. The DVD also has music videos from Erykah Badu + Common Sense, and Mos Def + Faith.

I was forgettin' about this movie, I was thinkin' about seein' it when it came out but I never got around to it, I heard it was dope though from some of my friends who saw it, I'll check out the DVD. btw, speaking of Angie Martinez, is she working on anything new? I like some of her songs, she's got a lot of style to her, I like hearing her on Hot 97 too.