JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

July 4 weekend

Are you afraid of Will being knocked off as the movie king of July 4th weekend?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you afraid of Will being knocked off as the movie king of July 4th weekend?

• Yes, Spider-man 2's opening weekend will be huge.
    • No, Will's got July 4 locked.

I voted for Spiderman 2, because there is no point in us being biased on this one.

Spiderman 2 has been a long time coming and will hugely popular.

This poll shudnt really mean anything to me, as we don't celebrate your independance day obviously and films quite oftne get released later over here

I'm gonna be in Florida on July 4th.
Not only will there be huge celebrations for obvious reasons. It's also the day of the Euro 2004 final. Which means nothing to my American cousins, but a hell of a lot to little ole English me.
I just hope I can get to see the final while I'm out there in the US.............I'll be the one carrying the HUGE England flag......that is if England make it to the final. :rock:

Anyway getting back on topic.

I think Spidey will beat Will too............my Spidey sense is tingling. [img]http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/blackeye/spidey.gif[/img] Edited by the real big willie

No way can Spidey beat Will. I think i,Robot has a big chance at success this Summer! And I'm not just being biased either, I've checked the charts. I've checked the "Top 10 most anticipated movies" lists. i,Robot is number 1 on almost every one of them. Besides, I don't know what y'all think...but that Spider-Man 2 trailor is not as impressive as i,Robot.

Just the concept of Humans Vs. Machines and the amazing graphics on those robots are enuf 2 make people choose i,Robot over the sequel 2 Spidey.

MIBII was able to compete wit Spiderman back in the summer of '02(I liked both of them) so I Robot should be able to compete wit Spiderman 2 this summer. I'm lookin' more though for Will's album to drop more than his next movie.

[quote=bigted,Apr 14 2004, 09:39 PM]MIBII was able to compete wit Spiderman back in the summer of '02(I liked both of them) so I Robot should be able to compete wit Spiderman 2 this summer.[/quote]
Excatly. Sequels to films pretty much always do better than a new film.
That's cos people know what to expect and they want to see the next instalment.

I, Robot, an all new film no one really know what they are gonna get with this.

Spidey 2, a sequel to one of the biggest films in recent years.

Sorry to be off topic.....

Don't worry buddy You'll catch the Euro 2004 final in the US im sure.

I have family over in Florida and my sis was over there when England won the Rugby world cup last year and that was shown live.

My cousin says they show highlights of Premier Legue matches over there too.

Cummon England, and cummon you Spurs (We need points)

I didn't vote simply cuz it's 2 earley 2 guess on something like that.

Spider-Man 2 has the edge tho' since it is a sequel which will drag in fans of the 1st movie (who saw it in theaters and those who later rented it).

I, Robot is a sci-fi movie and those are hard 2 market and get interest sometimes. However, Will can carry alot of fans on his shoulders 2 come out and see it all by himself. With the right promotion, the movie can get alot of buzz itself.

It's just 2 early 2 guess on something like this...it could go both ways.

I forgot that movies don't get released at the same time in different countries. Anyway I didn't think I implied that I, Robot couldn't contend with Spider-man 2, I know it can. I was just wondering if anyone thought Spidey could take Will's record.

Will holds first, second, and third place at U.S. box office for July 4 weekend gross.
MIBII 54+Million
MIB 51+Million
ID4 50+Million

• 1 year later...