JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

a question!

Guest Guest_javi

Guest Guest_javi

hey what's up,i 've heard that dr.dre hate FP and i don't know why!!!!said Will something about him???FP hate dr dre too????or simply is the same history:gangsta rap vs clean rap

i don't like dr .dre so much,but i know he's a respected producer,and he have some good beats,and i like this g-funk stuff with warren g but i don't like when he mocks FP in his tracks (remember for example eminem's video "forget about dre")

i've always thought,will's diss tracks talks to dr.dre,among others

Back in 2000, Dr. Dre made the comment that Willennium waz the worst Hip-Hop album out at the moment. I didn't hear it or read it, but someone else did and posted it. He waz either piggy-backing off all the hype Eminem caused with his line in "Real Slim Shady," or like Eminem, waz offended by FP's speech at the MTV Award show where he waz stressing that he always stayed true 2 himself and didn't need 2 kill nobody in his music 2 get where he is. If u are a loser like Eminem and get offended by a comment like that and take it personal 2 the point that u react 2 it, it clearly shows u are not being true 2 yourself. Only someone no confident in themseles and their music would act like that. What a punk.

Yeah and back then on an interview by MTV they asked him for a music video he would like to see. He said that he want to see a Will Smith clip, doesn't matter which one, cause all of them suck.

And there was also the NWA Diss on JJFP back when Parents Just Don't Understand released. You can read the comment on JJFP by NWA in the insert of The Greatest Hits from NWA.

So my opinion, Dre suxx and HipHop went downward when The Cronicle released in '91. "Nine Tre, everybody want to be a gangsta, pup pup pup pup, but no more thanks to me..."

btw, Dre's beats sound all the same. thats really annoying, just like the voice of Em.

JJFP Rocks The House

Edited by DefCEM

I remember Dr. Dre in an episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air-----> when Will was waiting for an anginas surgery at hospital, FP was afraid and then he had a dream in which Dr. Dre said him something like:

Don't worry, your name will be in my next album.

It was cool, I thought they were friends, but what happened? :dunno:

Yeah, all of Dr. Dre's recent production is really boring. It's not bad, it's just nothing new. It isn't as heavy and thick like it used 2 be. I give him props where props are due...but his style, lyrics, and light-weight production has his old skool fans wanting alot more than what he's giving. Eminem and 50 Cent definitly aren't the right way 2 go either.

Yeah and back then on an interview by MTV they asked him for a music video he would like to see. He said that he want to see a Will Smith clip, doesn't matter which one, cause all of them suck.

And there was also the NWA Diss on JJFP back when Parents Just Don't Understand released. You can read the comment on JJFP by NWA in the insert of The Greatest Hits from NWA.

So my opinion, Dre suxx and HipHop went downward when The Cronicle released in '91. "Nine Tre, everybody want to be a gangsta, pup pup pup pup, but no more thanks to me..."

btw, Dre's beats sound all the same. thats really annoying, just like the voice of Em.

JJFP Rocks The House

yo DefCem, what does NWA say about JJFP in their comment on "Parents Just Don't Understand"?

well dr. dre and eminem are wannabe studio thugs anyways. At least some ppl don't have a problem with Will. Ice Cube is real cool with Will, and surprisingly, so are the G-Unit ppl. 50 and Will hung out backstage at the MTV movie awards and G-Unit paid homage to Bad Boys in one of their videos. Not saying G-Unit is great, but at least they're not trying to put Will down b/c he doesn't try 2 act like a thug.

I think most fake-thugs in the industry change their opinion of FP once they meet him. Whether they diss him or think he's Hollywood, they soon see him 4 what he really is. A very intellegent, down 2 earth, and positive Hip-Hop head. I think most of them are kinda starstruck when they meet him. 1st cuz he's one of the biggest celebrities in the world, 2ndly cuz he started out just like them, as a rap star and they see themselves as possibly following in his path.

They said in the insert that JJFP are doing music for white kids, and aren't representing the real life and are just making safe rap music to push their sells.

btw, dr dre dissed Eazy E after eazy E made a track with a "wack" artist. And i guess that Dre and Cube aren't good friends anymore. i thing that I read that somewhere months ago...

Look at Dre now: Back in the 80s he represented the opinion of "JJFP makes music for white kids". and now Dre is producing music for a white kid.

That makes me so angry :cussing:

Dre isn't keeping it real!! he's fake and he would do everything to earn more money!

Look at JJ&FP! True artists, and still keeping it real. still doing music from the heart for ppl with heart for real hip hop music! :werd:

I just have to think about some ppl dissing FP in a german hiphop chatroom.

"Eminem is white but he has a black soul" "And Will Smith is black, but has white soul" "Will Smith rapps about bees and honeys" "Will Smith doesn't know how it is to live in a ghetto" and stuff like that.

These kiddies don#t know anything about the truth :bang:

JJFP Rocks The House

man i hate that, Will doesnt rap about the ghetto bcoz he came from a middle class family just like me, and just like a lot of ppl that buy rap. I hate all these rappers that claim they had all this hard life when they are living the easy life with a huge house and 5 cars. Will is just being real and rapping about what really happens in his life.

I think ppl fail to see that Will doesnt just appeal to white kids but he appeals to all kids. Take a look at this website, weve got all races here from different countries, and all ages. If you appeal to every1, you sell more records. A lot of ppl cant relate to what these "gangsters" rap about.

Guest kristin

man i hate that, Will doesnt rap about the ghetto bcoz he came from a middle class family just like me, and just like a lot of ppl that buy rap. I hate all these rappers that claim they had all this hard life when they are living the easy life with a huge house and 5 cars. Will is just being real and rapping about what really happens in his life.

I think ppl fail to see that Will doesnt just appeal to white kids but he appeals to all kids. Take a look at this website, weve got all races here from different countries, and all ages. If you appeal to every1, you sell more records. A lot of ppl cant relate to what these "gangsters" rap about.

actually it depends on what middle class you're talking about. There's lower middle, middle, and upper middle. Will has said he fits in the lower middle category.