JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will talks about THE MATRIX

Cyrano

HI¡¡A couple days ago on HOLLYWOOD ONE ON ONE,Will talked about why he refused to be Neo.

He said he couldn´t understand the script :b ...he couldn´t understand why all those people were living into a computer.

Also,Will said that he didn´t consider himself appropiate for the role, because he didn´t consider himself as a good actor.Moreover -said Will- Keanu is the perfect Neo...I had ruin that movie if I was in it ¡¡¡

Edited by Cyrano

im glad he didnt do the matrix, i didnt like that movie at all, it was way too complicated. I like a movie thats eye candy and doesnt involve thought lol.

I agree with Will tho, it wouldnt have been right if it was him in the movie. Its much better that he did wild wild west (in my opinion but not every1 elses lol).

Yeah, he's said many times that it waz very hard 2 sell the idea of the movie 2 him. I've never seen the whole thing, but i liked what i saw. I've heard alot of people say how it's confusing...just imagin not seeing it and someone telling u what it's about...that's how FP waz. I wouldn't take do the movie either if i couldn't understand it. :roll: I've done a show b4 where i waz a lead character and it waz really confusing....one of the biggest challenges i've ever had.

i want will to do a really good movie soon, i mean right now we can see him in many decent movies like men in black and i, robot, but he hasnt participated in a really really big famous fantastic movie like... well, star wars or die hard or pulp fiction. not the matrix.

Edited by Lerkot

I love Will, one of the best actors around today. And I'm not saying that was a Will fan, he just is one of the best actors.

But he is not Neo, fair play to big Will for turning it down. Cos he just was not right for the part. Al Pacino = best actor EVER, but he could not play Neo either. You see my point?

I don't think Keanu was "perfect" for the role either, but he was damn good. Imagine Johnny Depp as Neo. Now that is perfection.

Will was so damn right to not play Neo. Remember, Will turned down palying Ali for AGES. But now he has, who else but Will could have pulled it off........no one. I mean, if there ever was a black James Bond, then Will is the man.

Going back to Will not understanding The Matrix. I don't think that is true. The Matrix is a very easy film to understand and Will is not stupid.

So I can not believe that Will turned down the part of Neo cos he did not get the film.

Edited by the real big willie