JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Game - Documentary

Vipa

I know what u mean. When i hear some of the beats Ja-Rule has gotten, i could totally see an emcee with skill taking that beat and making an incredible song with it. "New York" and that track he did with Bobby Brown are the few i remember. Nelly's song "Dillema" is pretty good in my opinion, but i can just imagin how a real emcee coulda really turned that kinda beat out.

Alot of legends these days get ripped off when it comes 2 production, and this talented producers are adding 2 the problems by giving dope beats 2 fake-rappers. Producers are selling out 4 money like rappers have been for years.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:werd: I think you could probably top it Fuq 'cause you got a lot of skills! You gotta understand that's the reason why I like underground hip-hop 'cause they rap with a lot of heart and emotion like me and you do, it makes no sense to listen to music if it can't inspire you 'cause that's what I wanna do for the future cats, I also agree that top producers should give these beats to legends like KRS-ONE, Chuck D, and Rakim instead of 50 Cent, Ja Rule, and Nelly.

In due time y'all. Mine is "Brought Upon A Dream". When I first got the beat, I decided to freestyle. And it helped me make a chorus for the song, which goes like this

"I have a dream that one day, real artists will reign

Talk about the ups and downs, both the pleasure and pain

Status, it won't matter going platnium or gold

Won't matter how U come in, if ya new, or ya old"

I happened to write some my 1st verse on MLK day. My freestyle opened wit "On MLK Day, MLF got somethin' to say"

My favorite song on The Game's album is "Don't Need Your Love". His lyrics are a lil better on this song becuz it's not filled with references. Just here and there at the end. Havoc of Mobb Deep did that beat. that was off the hook. Kinda weird Faith was on the hook instead of Mary herself, but it sounds real good wit Faith. I can't imagine it any other way.

As far as guys like KRS One, Rakim, Nas, etc on those beats, I think it would all depend. "Like Father Like Son" a 'Street's Disciple' feel to it, so I can picture Nas on that. And there's so people who weren't "major" players of the West Coast, but they can rock it.

Guest lambertj3

i would have to disagree hero 1 because if you watched mtv its what he went through he's not glorifying anthing why do you think he got a bunch of bloods and crips together unifying them on mtv you couldn be more wrong along with the rest of you but to each his own

Guest lambertj3

i understand that but i have a question how do you know he didn't purposely do that? and why is hero 1 thinking he is only glorifying when he obviously is not ? when people talk about gangbanging and murder in their music most of them are tell ing how it goes down not glorifying anything but some others now thats another story

How do I know? I heard it from the horse's mouth as they like to say. He said it on his sad DVD. That he went over in the Crip side and they were showing him love or soemthing like that. He said "This isn't suppose to be happening". It isn't, but U should be happy it is. But I only watched it once, and with dis-amazement I might add.

Edited by mfuqua23

Guest lambertj3

curious why disamazement is that even a word i am not trying to be funny i like learning new stuff, and i still say from what he says he isn't glorifying anything so why do some on this board hate before giving brother man a chance?

curious why disamazement is that even a word i am not trying to be funny i like learning new stuff, and i still say from what he says he isn't glorifying anything so why do some on this board hate before giving brother man a chance?

i agree. If pac talks about suicide, gangs, drugs, is he glorifying them? No. It's important to know some rappers speak for the youth. Go to Compton. The Game's life is what he's describing. It's real and someone's gotta talk about it. And I agree why don't u guys always stop hatin on some of these rappers and give them a chance. They're makin money and doin their thing. Game is more decent than Chingy, Nick Cannon (? forget his name) or Nelly, who basically have no content whatsoever in their songs. Rap would be boring if it was one-sided. WEst Coast rap is what it is. U can take it or leave it, but u don't have to call him trash when u haven't even given him a decent sitdown. Changing the tracks immediately after 2 minutes is not giving him a chance.

I think I made that word up (let me check) I didn't see it in my dictionary, but it's a small notbook dictionary. "dis-" means reversal. So opposite of amazed.

I think I can sum it up for U man. A lot of today's "mainstream" artists R the same. Put the south, east, midwest and such together, and it's overall all the same. Why give people chances, if U know what they R about? Prejudice? U could say that. Well it's like this. To alot of these artists, there job is to appeal to their listeners. That's just it. They don't appeal to people like Hero1 or AJ. 50's got his listerners. Talib Kweli's got his listeners. I've got my listeners even. No artist is going to appeal to every living soul on this earth. I've got my perspective of hip hop. U could say it falls in between yours and Hero1's. Maybe it's totally outta everyone's league. After I read this article on Game, I took alot of artists I knew about into perspective. And now I know who I am and/or what to be as an artist.

I just feel in love with Nas's art, so I buy everything he puts out. Same way with 2pac (with the exception of the cds Deathrow/Eminem messed up) I just checked the Game out. I liked what I checked out and bought the album. I'm satisfied. I like how Rakim was as an MC in those days when he was really out. All I need is the best of CD that I got. I got Jay-Z's 'Reasonable Doubt'. Classic and I have it. I like most of it. 'Doogystyle' is a classic. But I don't like it. I only like "Gin & Juice" and "What's My Name?". And some tracks I can listen to partially. I'm not big on the West Coast sound. It's just a big variation. I understand that. Hero and AJ and anyone else like them, they can't understand why people go with what's hot, and follow all that. One kid I used to talk to before he left for college said "There's nothing good out, but that's all there is to buy into." Some people search for music, some don't. Mainstream is right at everyone's fingertips. Some people reach out for that. Some people are willing to get their fingernails dirty to get that "underground" like Souls of Mischief. I heard "93 Til Infinity" by word of mouf. I got it and I loved it. Anyway, (even tho this is long), it's just a matter of how everyone views things and what they like or dislike.

Guest Vipa...

I wanted to discuss the production, with fans, and others,. It seems like every time a make a topic about an MC Who isn't old school, or underground, the topic fills with a heated discussion, about how much they suck, or don't suck....

I mean, I listen to everything. I just barely listen to Mainstream music. Every now and then, an MC who gets mad radio play comes out, who I like (game, Joe Budden, ETC)..so Yea.

forever, hip hops been categorized by Non rap fans, as "not Real Music". Why should we categorize inside the genre?

There's a difference between discussing and issue and calling 4 change and just talking about the same stuff over and over again. These commercial fools just talk about stuff but they don't make it sound like something that needs 2 change and they don't offer a plan 2 fix things. When artists like 2Pac talked about stuff like that, they are saying "this ain't right" and "this is what we gotta do 2 change this." People like Game seem 2 just talk about that stuff 2 make themselves sound hard and like they come from places that they often don't. I'm gonna go 2 a music store 2nite so i'll give his full album a listen, but i'm not expecting much.

Once again, Nick Cannon got called out. He may not be what some people want, but he's got lots of substance on his album. People who haven't heard it wouldn't know that...which just shows how much i can respect their opinion.