JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Game - Documentary

Vipa

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like him from what i've heard by his 1st single. I actually like the foundation of the beat...but some of the sounded topping it off sound stupid 2 me. I think if they didn't loose the essence of it in the rough and try 2 make it sould slick, i'd really like the beat. The lyrics on the song are forgettable emptyness. I watched most of the making of his video and got sick of the frontin' done 4 the camera. What he's doing has been done 100 times and it wazn't even cool the 1st time.

That's my opinion so far but if i get a chance 2 hear the album, i'll give it an honest living. If he's anything like G-Unit, i'll be upset i wasted time. Looks like more trash-music 2 me as of this point.

The Game actually reveals himself a lil better and more than the other G-Unit members. I heard like 5 tracks. The Documentary will be a nice listen. MTV has it on leak, so that's where I'm gonna check out the rest. I really like "Don't Worry" feat. Mary J. Blige. She really does the song well wit the beat. Game's lyrics fit wit it too. A lot of mainstream artists R so "simple" that we look for extremes or complex things. I think it's really a matter of hip hop losing it's "Down 2 Earth" touch. Even wit gangsta rap U could feel it. Beats have always seemed to matter, and the lyrics just have to go wit it. But not like today's "go wit it". No one's really got lyrics to grab U. Like, tonight, my bro and I were listening to Top Authority from '94. U could feel the somewhat similar sounds, but they caught ya ear. They're not extreme lyricists by a certain definition in the hip hop world.

Hip hop should be of relativity. Not all forms should be complex. Today's R so simple that they R patheticly dumb. And that includes those who have a here and there, but R overall not even close.

As far as style of listening is concerned, I think I'll get The Game's album. He carrys himself different than the others do. I read about him in VIBE, and that got me to check him out a lil bit. But u never know. something could change my mind.

Well since we are talking about this album, i found this on allhiphop.com! It's a list of how many times "The Game" mentions this person on his album! It's a big list! check it out!

Dr. Dre 35

50-Cent 17

G-Unit 10

Notorious B.I.G. 8

Eminem 8

Tupac 7

Compton 7

Eazy-E 5

Young Buck 4

Nate Dogg 4

Lloyd Banks 4

Snoop Dogg 4

Mary J. Blige 4

Mase 4

Jay-Z 3

Eve 3

Michael Jackson 3

Jam Master Jay 3

Martin Luther King, Jr 3

Nas 3

Left Eye 3

Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs 3

Aaliyah 3

Whitney Houston 2

Kanye West 2

Mya 2

Tony Yayo 2

Busta Rhymes 2

Just Blaze 2

Rakim 2

Shaq 2

Ms. Shakur 2

Ms. Wallace 1

Kool G Rap 1

Vivica A. Fox 1

Ronald Reagan 1

Huey Newton 1

Public Enemy 1

Flavor Flav 1

Whoo Kid 1

DJ Clue 1

Compton’s Most Wanted 1

Marvin Gaye 1

Vanessa Williams 1

Serena Williams 1

R. Kelly 1

Black Rob 1

N.W.A. 1

Loon 1

Ashanti 1

Tyra Banks 1

Master P 1

Alonzo Mourning 1

Havoc 1

Prodigy 1

Timbaland 1

Bobby Brown 1

Ed Lover 1

Monie Love 1

Shyne 1

Beyonce 1

Ice Cube 1

Xzibit 1

Mariah Carey 1

Suge Knight 1

Chris Rock 1

Souljah Slim 1

Randy Moss 1

Kevin Lowe 1

LeBron James 1

Yao Ming 1

Usher 1

Guerilla Black 1

Jimmy Iovine 1

I haven't really heard too much from either besides his single out now, which I ain't feeling that much 'cause the only impression I got from that song is that he raps about cash, drugs, and hoes like every other commercial rapper, that's why I don't like that many mainstream artists out there, maybe if he drops a single with more relevance I'll be interested in buying his album if not I won't waste my money when I could buy a Public Enemy album with that money, it takes more than a dope beat to make a hot song, the lyrics have to be relevant too. btw, I notice that he ain't giving any props to JJFP on his album, but shout-outs Dr. Dre 35 times, who hasn't released an album since '99, if y'all think waiting for Will's new album is a long wait, imagine waiting for Dr. Dre's "Detox" album that was supposed to drop more than 2 years ago now, I think Dr. Dre's a hip-hop legend, but he's been slacking off lately! :ditto:

Probably becuz he thru them in his chorus. That's what he did for "Dreams". But when he said Aaliyah had a dream, what was it? I almost got hooked on "How We Do" when I first heard it. They said it's "In Da Club" like. 50 had better lyrics for that than he and Game had for "How We Do". 50 will never top 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'. I don't care how much anticipation is on that album.

I think Dre just lost his sense for music. Wasn't he part of the G Funk Era? I know Warren G was no doubt. Dre's gone from a G-Funk to a G-Unit. I better not see Dre try 2 remake that era wit G-Unit. U know, maybe we get what we get, and just enjoy what we had. That's what makes all that 'old school' music that much greater. Same deal with any deceased artist. They're that much greater in what they left behind. But when some of "today's hip hop artists" pass on, what will they have left? Think about that.

It's not really a big deal that he mentioned them. Most of them are featured on the tracks, or produced it. He didn't just randomly yell the others names out, they actually made some sense there. and Dr Dre is Dre. Without Him, game wouldn't be here, right now.

I can't get over "Put you on the Game". Timbaland's beat is CRAZY! Timbo the realest. No doubt about it.

I like alot of Dr. Dre's music...it's a very talented guy...but he's a sell-out. In 1996, he did all these interviews saying "Gangsta rap is dead." Saying how fake it is and that it's all business. It's not like we didn't already know that, but waz great seeing on of the forefathers of that style of rap say it's fake and it's gone 2 far. He comes out with that Aftermath album and a song like "Been There Done That" making it look like good things are one the way. He talked about making albums with no profanity and all that. Next thing u know Chronic 2001 is taking it back 2 that old style. Sure, some of the trax had a good message and nearly every beat waz dope....but all that cussing, weed-smoking, gun-talking trash waz back. It may have been a good business move, but we all know it's fake. Sorry Dre, big sell-out moves will not go over with real fans. All this pansy G-Unit rubbish has nothing 2 do with the whole G-Funk, Dre, Snoop, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Dogg Pound stuff.

I like alot of Dr. Dre's music...it's a very talented guy...but he's a sell-out. In 1996, he did all these interviews saying "Gangsta rap is dead." Saying how fake it is and that it's all business. It's not like we didn't already know that, but waz great seeing on of the forefathers of that style of rap say it's fake and it's gone 2 far. He comes out with that Aftermath album and a song like "Been There Done That" making it look like good things are one the way. He talked about making albums with no profanity and all that. Next thing u know Chronic 2001 is taking it back 2 that old style. Sure, some of the trax had a good message and nearly every beat waz dope....but all that cussing, weed-smoking, gun-talking trash waz back. It may have been a good business move, but we all know it's fake. Sorry Dre, big sell-out moves will not go over with real fans. All this pansy G-Unit rubbish has nothing 2 do with the whole G-Funk, Dre, Snoop, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Dogg Pound stuff.

:werd: Dr. Dre's "Aftermath" didn't sell that much so he went back to remaking "The Chronic" again, whjch is something that he shouldn't have done and has proved that he's ran out of creativity, personally I think it'd be better 4 him to retire rather than making his legacy look even worse.