JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I Thought It Was Supposed To Be 2050

JamesUK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people look back on 2005 hip-hop in 2050 they'll say that the best mcs weren't on major labels and didn't get airplay, sooner or later the underground will get it's due! :ditto: If Will became the 1st black president the world'll be a better place. :bowdown:

50 years from now, nobody will look back on this era of Hip-Hop and remember much. Maybe Black Eyed Peas and OutKast. People like 50 Cent may be hot now...but their music and careers are disposable and everything will be 4gotten. Nobody's gonna look back at people like him like Rakim, Public Enemy, 2pac and so on.

50 years from now, nobody will look back on this era of Hip-Hop and remember much. Maybe Black Eyed Peas and OutKast. People like 50 Cent may be hot now...but their music and careers are disposable and everything will be 4gotten. Nobody's gonna look back at people like him like Rakim, Public Enemy, 2pac and so on.

:werd: Look at James Brown's career for instance, he only had one album that went at least gold in 50+ years but he's known as "The Godfather Of Soul" and has been getting props in the recent years by the mainstream, which proves that work ethic pays off, 50 Cent couldn't last 10 years in the game let alone 50 that's why he won't be remembered. Public Enemy,MC Hammer, Rakim, and KRS-ONE are still in the game after almost 20 years and are capable of being in the game for another 20, even though they haven't sold much in recent years their quality doesn't slip, so that's why they'll be remember years ahead just like James Brown will be.

50 years from now, nobody will look back on this era of Hip-Hop and remember much.  Maybe Black Eyed Peas and OutKast.  People like 50 Cent may be hot now...but their music and careers are disposable and everything will be 4gotten.  Nobody's gonna look back at people like him like Rakim, Public Enemy, 2pac and so on.

:werd: Look at James Brown's career for instance, he only had one album that went at least gold in 50+ years but he's known as "The Godfather Of Soul" and has been getting props in the recent years by the mainstream, which proves that work ethic pays off, 50 Cent couldn't last 10 years in the game let alone 50 that's why he won't be remembered. Public Enemy,MC Hammer, Rakim, and KRS-ONE are still in the game after almost 20 years and are capable of being in the game for another 20, even though they haven't sold much in recent years their quality doesn't slip, so that's why they'll be remember years ahead just like James Brown will be.

well FP is the godfather of real music

Guest lambertj3

vipa ignore the children they have a phd in hating and haven't been breast fed as a kid, i like will but the title willenium for his album was mad corny aj admit it, go 50 gggg- unit 4ever haters if you hating this much to even speak on it you secretly love him and aj you looked elementary when you misspelled gggg-unit! ride on em 50

vipa ignore the children they have a phd in hating and haven't been breast fed as a kid, i like will but the title willenium for his album was mad corny aj admit it, go 50 gggg- unit 4ever haters if you hating this much to even speak on it you secretly love him and aj you looked elementary when you misspelled gggg-unit! ride on em 50

I was laughing all through your post :hilarious: you're one funny guy :nhawong:

bigted, yet another post i agree with u on. Back in the day, the industry wasn't the same. Singles were put out all the time, shows were done differently, radio waz the main source of what waz good. These days it's very closed 2 who can get success in Hip-Hop/Rap. It's who u know and has nothing 2 do with talent. Public Enemy and other acts like that are legendary. U won't find their recent albums at the top of the charts, but u will find them in stores, 100s of fans at their concerts, and u'll read props 2 them in Hip-Hop magazines. Has anyone ever read or heard anyone give G-Unit or Chingy props for their lyrical ability or amazing production. No way...cuz they don't have anything good 2 offer. Only their mislead fans have good things 2 say about them.

Anyone who says 50 Cent, Ja-Rule, Nelly, or any of those other fools are some of the best artists in Rap history have seriously malnurished ears. They get fed crap, but it's nothing good 4 the soul.

I ain't hating on 50 but I'm just speaking how I feel, I haven't listened to "Get Rich Or Die Trying" in over a year, that album is way overrated, I like some of his underground stuff but I wouldn't consider it legendary, there's no day in my life I'd ever consider him a better lyricist than KRS-ONE, I don't give a damn how many albums 50 puts out in his life there's no way that he could make as many songs with a soulful meaning that KRS has, and btw every mc in the game forever should give props to James Brown 'cause without him there wouldn't be hip-hop, respect the ol' school damn it!

Atleast when will called the album willenium we were about to enter a new millenium, where as 2050 is decades away

Guest lambertj3

da brakes , jamesuk, kbfprince you guys are hilarious and dont make much sense kbfprince i know you post better than that aj you have a right to your own opinion and bigted thank you for stating that that was your OPINION your latest posts shows me you are smarter than the rest