JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Most disappointed...

I'm shocked that you would even sell those albums.

Who Am I is a great track yet I think without MC Lyte, it would've been so much better. Tatyana Ali is a great singer for the hooks and FP could've taken that track the distance in terms of more rapping instead of starting off with a one great verse then handing it over.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody seems so shocked that I would sell these albums but you have got to remember that I didn't like them at the time so therefore I didn't want them. I grew up listening to JJFP and when I got his first 2 solo albums it just wasn't enough JJFP for me and I (at the time) wasn't willing to except Will solo, so that is what happened. Plus when I got his first 2 solo albums I was listening to a lot of Ice Cube and it just wasn't as rough and tough as gangsta. Times have changed and I like a lot of different music now, although I must admit I don't listen to a lot of rap. I definitly like rap and when it's good it's great but when it's not good it is so f*cking terrible I can't even understand why anyone would pay money for it. Anyway... I think Willenium is a great album and I can't wait for Big Willy Style to come in the mail, I am looking very forward to listening to it!! Oh by the way I have been listening to a lot of Will and JJFP lately (as you know) and the other night I had a f*cking dream about Will. In my dream he was like my high school teacher or something (I'm 24 and haven't been in school for a long time now) and I was listening to his stuff in class and he was getting pissed at me telling me to study! Strange dream but very funny!!

• Admin

actually theres a lot of jjfp fans who arent into rap all that much..but more rock music or other stuff..and theres a few on this board as well :thumb: theres also a lot of JJFP fans who didnt even get wills solo albums, and wouldnt get them unless it was a Jazzy Jeff & fresh prince album.. so yeah we all come to jjfp from different angles :rock:

the only good songs off born 2 reign are act like u know, nothing on my mind and how da beat goes *maybe black suits comin*

i like rap but smooth r&b is my favorite flava

thats why will should hook up w/ a guy like

usher

ginuwine

avant

r. kelly

U gotta give an album a few listens b4 making up your mind. I've had a few albumw where i didn't like them much at all...but after a few listens, they turned in2 one of my favorite albums of all time. After all, they were "Will Smith" albums, u can hold the same JJ+FP standards 2 them.

About "Who Am I"...i think that track is dope. I think MC Lyte is kinda outta place over Darkchild production, but i would have Willennium without her on it.

• Members

I've been wanting to chime in on this for a very long time.I'm going to have to say A.I.T.C.It's just to many mediocre songs to me.Certain songs I would be embaressed to play alot of the songs in front of my peoples.Sorry people who love this album,but I think JJ+FP worst.As for B2R It's the worst solo album for will but not the most dissapointing A.I.T.C.

• Admin

I've been wanting to chime in on this for a very long time.I'm going to have to say A.I.T.C.It's just to many mediocre songs to me.Certain songs I would be embaressed to play alot of the songs in front of my peoples.Sorry people who love this album,but I think JJ+FP worst.As for B2R It's the worst solo album for will but not the most dissapointing A.I.T.C.

the thing with and in this corner is its a very pure rap album.. but theres not much difference from hes the dj to and in this corner..its more of the same but not quite as good.. born to reign was wills worst album including all jjfp albums in my opinion though

• Admin

hey 6 question to you about born to reign..do you like the beats? do you like tra knoxs vocals? do you like the way will raps on the album? i think wills lyrical content is top notch but im not sure about the rest myself..

hey 6 question to you about born to reign..do you like the beats? do you like tra knoxs vocals? do you like the way will raps on the album? i think wills lyrical content is top notch but im not sure about the rest myself..

I do like the beats and I like the little bit more roughness to the album. Tra-knox can get a little old after awhile, granted, but overall it doesn't bother me and I like it. Will sings a lot more on this album which at first I was not sure how to take it but I fast liked it. I'm not sure what else to say about the album I just think it's great. I think most of the raps are better on this album than on Willennium although I really really like that album too. Big Willie Style is a little hard for me to get into and I'm not quite sure why.

Edited by sixofthebest