JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

tsunami

Hero1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's awful. That news is very depressing. One of my friends is doing missionary work there and nobody can get a hold of her. It's kinda scary. I'm praying 4 eveyone effected by that.

It's hard 2 imagin that an earthquake and some tidal waves can do so much...and that they can be that intense. We truly are in the end times (don't let that come off makin' me sound like Daedulus).

know what tho AJ...? Ur absolutely right sweetie. We are in the end of tymes, and thats one of the exact same reason that I do NOT watch news. Would you believe that I just found this out yesterday? :sad6: But after going through a lifechanging situation or two overlapping one another...and coming to know some of the people that I now know, I can't run away from whats happening in the world, and be more aware of my surroundings...

peace,

cookie

Nature can be a bitch can't it?

I don't want to get into a big argument here, but it's things like this that make me believe there is no God, or if there is, He's not as good as people seem to think.

1000's dead and why? Cos they were living thier lives. Women, children, even people just starting new lives after marrige. People deciding to get away from the stress of life by going on holiday.

Hardly seems fair does it?

The world can be an ugly place sometimes. Then again, it can be a beatuiful place too. Just a shame the ugly always outweighs the beautiful.

A lot of people believe in fate and that thing happen for a reason.

What was the reason this happened then?

When you see something like this happen, kind of makes you life seem so small but at the same time extremely important too eh?

From the point of a Chriatian, there is no use trying to figure why God does some of the things he does. He is a much higher being that we are and like the saying goes "God works in mysterious ways".

I find it funny that when bad things happen in theowrld people are quick to say there is no God and God must not be that great. But when great things happen in the world nobody rarely gives credit to Him.

It is also my beliefs that we are in the end days and alot more stuff like this is gonna happen. Theres not really much we cn do about it!

NB This is just my opinion and not intended to start an arguement, debate or be an insult to any1! And no I am not Daedleus or Prince!!!! :kekeke:

I find it funny that when bad things happen in theowrld people are quick to say there is no God and God must not be that great.  But when great things happen in the world nobody rarely gives credit to Him.

But how can someone credit God (good or bad) if you don't believe he exists?

Look at my orginal post, I didn't blame God, I blamed nature. But I do blame God for not doing anything to prevent it.

If he does exist and he let 1000's of people die, how can God be good?

What was the reason these people died, and why didn't God do anything to prevent it?

If God could do nothing to help those that died, then he is not very good at his job is he?

How many of those that died did believe in God. More than those that did not I bet?

If that is what you get for believing in God.....you can keep it.

There is a saying going aroung that "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was making us believe he does not exist".

I say "The greatest trick the Devil pulled was making people believe he was God".

There are just way too many bad things in the world to point to any existance toward a good God of any type.

If there is a God, all I'm saying is he is not as great as people believe him to be.

No one can not proove that God exists. Faith is such a small insignificant word, and I can not proove that he does not. But when you see something like recent events. I think that a non existant God makes much more sense than a God that looks over us and protects us. Cos he certainly did not do a good job of protecting those people did he?

Maybe he was busy watching TV, opening his Christmas presents or something.

We have been down this road before on these very boards. And I made my point of view clear then too. I don't mean to offend anyone, if I have then I apologize to you all. But people do post about God and thier belief in him, so why can't I (and others) post about my dis-belief in him? It's only fair I think.

It's up to you as a person if you agree with me or not, you don't have to and I don't have to believe in a God. There is where the problem lies I think. People that do believe in a God tend to be sheep, where as people that do not, tend to be much more free thinking.

I have seen far too many bad things in my (and others) life to even come close to believing there is a God.......strange really when you consider I was brought up to believe in him and was a regular church goer. But then religon was FORCED upon me, religon normaly is. Then I grew up and statred to think for myself instead of having people think for me.

Nope, can't agree. There is no God. Or if there is.........maybe he really is the Devil or maybe God and the Devil are infact the same enitiy? Everyone/thing has a good and bad side, maybe God does too.

Again, I apologize to anyone that took offence by what I have written. but at the same time, why should I apologize? I have as much right to NOT believe in God as you do to believe in him.

Still 1000's of people have died just by living thier lives. Hardly fair is it?

Edited by the real big willie