JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I wanna rock vs Pump me up

:rock: Yo men, these are probably two of the best jjfp's songs.. I loved first pump me up because I bought Willennium and only three mouths ago I got code red, but I had to say I wanna rock is great!! probably I prefer... I don't know!! What d'you think? which is the best? :confused:

Both are great songs (tho' i defintly would consider other trax better than these...just a few). I think "I Wanna Rock" is just a lil' better tho.' Simply b-cuz JJ+FP did the track just as a classic JJ+FP track...it's what they do. With "Pump Me Up", they kinda did what they do...but b-cuz they already did it. "I Wanna Rock" waz what JJ+FP did during Code Red, "Pump Me Up" waz JJ+FP doing what they used 2 do (and still do) but for Willennium. "Potnas" captures where JJ+FP is during Willennium cuz the track waz put 2gether by just the 2 of them, it's current, it's modern, it's JJ+FP 1999. I don't know if that makes sense 2 anyone, but that's my reasoning 4 saying "I Wanna Rock" is a bit better than "Pump Me Up."

I like the crowd noise and the live ol skool feeling in "I Wanna Rock", but "Pump Me Up" is so cool 2 hear, 2 know that they can still kick it like they used 2. Since they're much younger in "I Wanna Rock", there's a lighter feeling 2 it... (if that makes any sense) Anyways, both are solid trax...but i'm goin with "I Wanna Rock" on this one.

Great post! :dancingcool:

I'd have to go with "I Wanna Rock". It was made when Will was still the Fresh Prince and not some big time hollywood star. I like Pump Me Up though because it does still show that they can kick but its on Willenium - a Will Smith record. On "I Wanna Rock", FP is goofy, plays around a lot. Even on the video, it's a real ol-skool feeling to it. "Pump Me Up" is probably the best track though to compare "I Wanna Rock" with.

Damn, that's a close call, but I gotta gives props to "I Wanna Rock" 'cause that was such a great feel good JJFP track! "Pump Me Up" was a great track too but everything that JJFP did on that "Code Red" was a straight up hip-hop classic. That was one of the best albums in hip-hop history and deserves some props. They make competion bow down with their creativeness. :bowdown: No matter what they do, when JJFP collaborate, they have great chemistry!

i'd have 2 go with i wanna rock, when i first got my jjfp greatest hits cd i would listen to that 1 all the time! But pump makes me laugh so much, im not sure y but Will just randomly laughes in it, and i used 2 think it was hilarious 4 some reason. They r both really fun songs tho. :biggrin:

Yeah, on Willennium, Will went thru' a phase where just did that "Ha ha, ha ha" laff on alot of the trax. I just think it waz Will having fun while recording the track....it's alot better than adlibbing something like "Overbrook...we won't stop...cuz we can't stop"...ha ha. He dose do that laff a lil' bit on Born To Reign and on Big Willie Style 2...it's just in your face on Willennium.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Apr 11 2004, 09:50 AM]Yeah, on Willennium, Will went thru' a phase where just did that "Ha ha, ha ha" laff on alot of the trax. I just think it waz Will having fun while recording the track....it's alot better than adlibbing something like "Overbrook...we won't stop...cuz we can't stop"...ha ha. He dose do that laff a lil' bit on Born To Reign and on Big Willie Style 2...it's just in your face on Willennium.[/quote]
I always noticed that about Will on Willenium. Every track theres at least one "ha ha ha"....I take it he's having a blast.

Ha!! I just read the post mentioning the "wooo"'s and "uh uh"'s as i waz listening 4 the Big Willie Style Megamix (1st time in nearly a year) and as i read the word "woo" in the post, he said it on the track...ha ha...freaked me out 4 a second.