JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

It's Christmas.

Well, it's Christmas here in the East Coast. And I can't sleep. I swear, I'm that way every year, and I don't know why. Out of 24 hours of "A Christmas Story", I wonder how many times I can watch it. People who never seen it should be banned from the Earth. j/k. But I don't know how'd U miss it.

Happy Holidays Everybody!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow Aj you were right about a lot of stuff. Unfourunatly my Grandad died at 8.50pm on christmas eve. I couldnt sleep for all the wrong reasons, but when christmas day came we decided to go on as normal. All the family went to my Nans house and everybody was so strong, apart from me who kept going to pieces especially when i saw a pile of grandads un-opened presents.

The day got better tho and my nan and Uncle came round to my house for dinner, despite my mum losing her dad she made a huge meal that everyone really enjoyed it and instead of crying and being depressed we all tried to laugh and joke( especially when my mum dropped wine in the potatoes).

It later snowed, i think the first time ive seen it snow on christmas day.

So even after our loss we still managed to save a bit of our christmas, opening my presents was the worst part and being with my family was the important thing to me.

Glad ur Okay Julie. But sorry to hear about your loss

AJ Your right, i am really making the most of the time i have on my holidays with my family and close friends. There are some people in my life who mean so much to me.

Hope everyone is enjoying the season

Kev

Pain always sticks out most at Christmas time. Since it's supposed 2 be one of the happiest times of the year, the littlest thing in life stands out twice as big if it's not good. I myself have a few things that made it a lil' hard, but the beauty of the season and of what it's really all about have kept me pretty strong...let me rephrase that, VERY STRONG.

I'm sorry 2 hear about your loss Julie. I send my prayers out 2 your family. Just stay strong and keep faith that it isn't the last time u have 2 see him. This world is just a distraction 2 better things that are yet 2 come...and Christmas is a big part of that.

My. I haven't been on for a little bit, and this is truly sad during the Holidays. Sorry to hear that Julie, and know that you were truly not alone with sadness during the Holidays. Emptiness/lonliness strikes many of us in various forms, and the absence or loss of someone dear to our hearts impacts on us during the most special holiday of the year...in such a way to inhibit us from truly enjoying the reason of this season...

In some instances, we have beautiful memories to hold onto, and others that are unhealthy instances we must learn when to let go...and yours is definately not one to let go of...

Everybody don't believe in 'spirits' , but if you ask grandad for a sign to let u know he's still with you... and just for your peaceful mind, something positive will happen that lets you know that not only is he ok, but he wants you to rejoyce that he is at peace and rest from his last pains...

I say these things 4 a reason... :sonny:

God bless u baby~sis. Its gone be aiight.

peace

cookie