JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2PAC "LOYAL TO THE GAME"

JumpinJack AJ

I picked up 2Pac's new album "Loyal To The Game" 2day and i'm highly disappointed. Eminem has simply ruined it. Most of 2Pac's trax chosen 4 this album are from the 1993/1994 era. Alot of the last few featured alot of trax that he did on Deathrow simply 2 fulfill his contract and get off the label (which he wasn't happy on). Sadly, that resulted in trax that didn't mean much. Alot of so-called 2Pac fans don't know what he's really about cuz of the Deathrow stuff. Anyways, his subject matter is dope on this album and they lyrics great.

Eminem however runined the album. He sucks at producing!! The beats are so boring, trendy, empty. 2Pac would have never rhymed over these beats!! They don't represent him at all!! Why would Afeni let Em mess with 2Pac's legacy. What's worse is that Eminem put himself and his no-talent friends like G-Unit, Obie Trice, and G-Unit on the album. 2Pac would probably never worked with those fools if he waz still around...in fact, he'd probably diss their wack-selves. Eminem claims 2 be a fan of 2Pac's...DID HE NOT HEAR HIS MUSIC!?!?!?!? What an idiot!!

The "Bonus Tracks" at the end of the album are the saving grace. They are much closer 2 the sound 2Pac would have had.

The album cover is dope tho'...no smoke, guns wack-Westside signs thrown up or anything. Just a nice pic of 2Pac in white clothing, gold classes and minor jewelry (from the Me Against The World era).

I really wanna hear the opinions of others who are 2Pac fans. I for 1, and highly disappointed in what Eminem has done with his work. The original production is probably much better than the current empty, boring stuff Em put under it.

I decided not to pick it up when I read that people like Jadakiss, G-unit, etc. would be on it.

How did Eminem get so much handle over 2Pac songs? This sucks. I'd rather hear him how he meant the song to be.

I also completely agree on him not being down for this if he was still alive. Jadakiss? G-Unit? Eminem, the guy who made Big Weenie? Please.

God Blessa!

Inside the CD insert, 2Pac's mothers talks about how Eminem came 2 her asking if he could re-work some of his songs. He didn't ask 4 a 2Pac verse 4 her own album or 4 anything in return and refused 2 take anything from her. She said it waz that, which made her wanna allow him 2 do this. She said 2Pac's music waz created out of his own heart without asking 4 anything back and that reminded her of all that. She gave Eminem TONS of acappellas.

He single handedly ruined the album. He just wouldn't rap over these boring beats and he'd never work with the guests on the album (other than Nate Dogg and The Outlawz). Alot of true 2Pac fans are gonna hate him 4 this.

I'm not dissing Eminem cuz i think he sucks as an artist. I like what he did with "One Day At A Time" and "Runnin'" on the Ressurection album...but only 1 or 2 songs produced by him are okay on this album...the rest of strictly crappy versions of the songs from his own mind. I gave him a chance 2 do something great with 2Pac's music and he failed miserably. If it waz a bunch of Deathrow era stuff, it wouldn't bug me as much cuz the lyrics wouldn't be on point as much...but these lyrics are great and now boring beats are put under them. Never let a boy do a man's work again.

See, I was just gonna download the album for free. And see if it was really worth the money. I heard Em's version of 2pac's Thugs Get Lonely Too on the radio one day. It was real weak. Compared to the og version which is off the hook. I think that should've been on the THUG LIFE album. Another song I found that would've been on that album was "Is It Cool 2 F***?" That one is crazy. U might not prefer the topic, but it's better than how artists today present that subject matter. As much as Pac had a dislike for Dre (whether cuz of Suge or whatever) I bet he much rather have Dre produce the whole thing instead of Em. Aftermath carries out that same bass-line beat and style. And it's like no variation. I was gonna get this album for Christmas, but I'm not wasting my wish on it. I heard half of the OG of Pac's stuff on that album. Probably all of it if they changed the titles. All of them are better. The production may be basic, but it outdoes what that album probably is.

I swear everyone has lost the element of 2pac. Others like Snoop Dogg and Shock G, just remember for what it was and not try to restore it. Afeni's lost it, Outlaws lost, so-called fan Em has lost it (if he ever had it), Pac's THUG LIFE has lost it, etc. Probably even some fans.

"2pac was Loyal To The Game, but Eminem is Spoiled With The Fame." - FuQ

Edited by mfuqua23

2Pac only dissed Dr. Dre cuz of him leaving Deathrow and Suge added all the fuel 2 the flame that he could. 2Pac didn't know Dr. Dre well enuff 2 feel that way, Dr. Dre talked about it in a 1999/2000 interview i have in a Rap Pages or XXL magazine. Dr. Dre would have at least done 2Pac's music justice if not made it updated, but true 2 the original style.

I think Afenie needs 2 stop letting people work on his music unless it waz people who worked with him when he waz alive...like Shock-G, Johnny J, Easy Mo Bee, SoulPower, etc.

I think all of the above would gladly do more work on his upcoming releases. They actually knew the man and cared about making quality music. Shock-G has some great lines about 2Pac on his solo album. I'll try 2 post them sometime soon.

One day, i hope they release mastered versions of all of his stuff in it's original form. No remixed, updated beats!! If they put all that stuff out in a box set, we can hear the music they way it waz intended 2 be.

i agree 2pac's new album isnt my favorite. alot of the beats by Em were wack but i still have respect 4 Em cuz he has some dope beats, they just didnt show up this album. alot of the songs were boring 2 me.

my fav songs r:

The Uppercut (feat. Outlawz)

Ghetto Gospel (feat. Elton John)

Thugs Get Lonely Too (feat. Nate Dogg)

Loyal to the Game (not the one w/ g-unit)

the rest is mediocre. i waz kinda dissapointed with the album and then i remembered some of the newer albums that 2pac has released. Until the End of Time was pretty bad too and Better Dayz waz good, but nothing like the older stuff. i think all the albums (if any) that will be released after this won't be anything special.

"Ghetto Gospel" is the only track i REALLY like...but even the synth-line is weak. I like all the bonus trax tho'...not cuz Eminem didn't produce them...but becuz those producers actually made good trax.

lambert, u simply have awful taste in music.

Just listened to this album! Eminem totally ruined it! He seriously needs to give up producing. He's no good at it and all of his beats sound the same. He has no style. The only tracks I like are the ones not produced by Em. They sound closer to what pac would have rapped over back in the day.

Guest lambertj3

PRECISLEY MY POINT , all of this is based on ones own opinion but if you look at two post directed towards me you would see why i fire back after being dissed one poster said so you agree they are wack and aj said i have awful taset in music?