JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith's in trouble

willreign

Los Angeles - Will Smith has angered a patriotic group after comparing the 9/11 terrorists to racist American policemen, Sky News reports.

The actor sparked outrage among right-wing Americans after speaking to a German newspaper.

When asked if the terror attacks had changed him, Smith reportedly said: "No, absolutely not.

He added: "Whether you are wounded in an attack by a racist cop or in a terrorist attack, I'm sorrry, it makes no difference.

"In the 60s, blacks were continuously the victims of terrorist attacks. It was civil terrorism, but terrorism nonetheless."

This was enough to persuade the group Patriotic Americans Boycotting Anti-American Hollywood to add Smith to its list of "banned" stars.

The 36-year-old will find himself in good company - the list already includes Robert Redford and Renee Zellweger.

what that means???

http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpage/HotG...1631182,00.html

more

Will Smith 9/11 Comments Provoke Angry Reaction

December 4, 2004, 10:02:24 SMITH BOYCOTT CALLED IN AMERICA

An interview WILL SMITH gave to a German newspaper in which he downplayed the effect September 11 (01) had on black Americans has prompted angry activists to boycott his films.

The I, ROBOT star unleashed his controversial comments in FRANKFURTER ALLGEMEINE four months ago, insisting the tragic terrorist atrocities in New York and Washington devastated white Americans more than the country's black population - because they were used to being the victims of tragedy.

Yesterday (02DEC04), in response to Smith's outspoken words, New York activist JON ALVAREZ - a member of Patriotic Americans Boycotting Anti-American Hollywood - called on the US public to boycott the actor's movies.

When reporter JOHANNA ADORJAN asked Smith if the events had personally changed him, he replied, "No. Absolutely not.

"When you grow up black in America you have a completely different view of the world than white Americans. We blacks live with a constant feeling of unease.

"And whether you are wounded in an attack by a racist cop or in a terrorist attack, I'm sorry, it makes no difference."

Furious Alvarez insists his bears no personal vendetta against Smith, but is urging citizens to teach him a lesson.

He says, "I've always been a huge fan of Will Smith's movies. But now I'm not going to put a dime in Will Smith's pockets."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/16742004.htm

Oh please...this is so silly. FP didn't say anything offensive or disrespectful...he only enlightened some people on something that they don't understand, and there 4 they feel offended (becuz of their own ignorance).

I seriously doubt this is gonna slow up FP's Hip-Hop or Hollywood moves. It nice 2 see a rapper catch some flack 4 actually stand 4 something instead of just getting controversy 4 no real reason (at least no intellegent reason) for 1ce.

Oh my gosh! hahahaha..

U know, I don't expect such clear wordz from a man, who needz da support of da american people 2 be sucessful! But, now I'm just supriced about it! It's a lil bit da same what krs said a few month ago! N damn, Will Smith is right! U know, I don't want 2 say anything against people who are personally involved in da world traide center thing, but all I can say is dat a country with such a bad history should better pay attention in it's opinion against terrorism... millions of black people were punished and are still punished regularly... Indians were killed... Vietnamiese people were killed... iraqies are still killed... da half of americas population is a old fashend, supa conservative and rassistic community, which is now hyped by a attack in which 3000 people died, while they are still killing people. I think dat most of da people who are bombed or shot down by us solidiers have more rightz 2 live than some of dis money makin, corupte managers who were sittin in da wtc n control dat da money of afrikan and asian countries is gettin in their pocket!

I'm with da fresh prince and tell u, dat I was neva shocked cuz of september 11th.

Word up!

Peace n 1luv!

fressshh stecki!

it DOES NOT sound like the KRS one story. For one, KRS One said he didn't really care about the victims. Will did not imply any of that. He is saying what most white ppl don't get and that is racism. There's racism even if you're successful. If you're black, you're gonna get it anyways. Will has said that he gets pulled over by cops around 45 times a year just b/c of his race. White people would say to that, "cops wouldn't jest pull over ppl, Will must have been breaking a law", which is not the case. Will probably did say these quotes in the interview, however, I think certain parts were cut out. Similar to what happened to Johnny depp last year

It's obvious they're someone looking for attention with they're group. Otherwise they wouldn't just be against Hollywood, they'd be against anybody making comments like this. Will made a statement that is true. Racism and terrorism have no differance. They're both forms of discimination in usually violent ways engineered to harm a specific type of person. The way they differ that I can see is that one targets something a person can't change, not that they should given the choice, nor changes a person in anyway except they're ancestory. The other targets a persons views. Though the latter are views which are accepted as correct.. it wouldn't be considered terrorism if someone is terrorising a person with views which are widely accepted as wrong.

it DOES NOT sound like the KRS one story. For one, KRS One said he didn't really care about the victims. Will did not imply any of that. He is saying what most white ppl don't get and that is racism. There's racism even if you're successful. If you're black, you're gonna get it anyways. Will has said that he gets pulled over by cops around 45 times a year just b/c of his race. White people would say to that, "cops wouldn't jest pull over ppl, Will must have been breaking a law", which is not the case. Will probably did say these quotes in the interview, however, I think certain parts were cut out. Similar to what happened to Johnny depp last year

Actually, it sounds a LOT like the KRS-One story.

God Blessa!

It's obvious they're someone looking for attention with they're group. Otherwise they wouldn't just be against Hollywood, they'd be against anybody making comments like this. Will made a statement that is true. Racism and terrorism have no differance. They're both forms of discimination in usually violent ways engineered to harm a specific type of person. The way they differ that I can see is that one targets something a person can't change, not that they should given the choice, nor changes a person in anyway except they're ancestory. The other targets a persons views. Though the latter are views which are accepted as correct.. it wouldn't be considered terrorism if someone is terrorising a person with views which are widely accepted as wrong.

-Perry

Sorry, alcohol and no warning make for no knowledge of automatic posting by 'Guest'.