JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Good news for Eminem haters

DevilsJim89

well my mom (who is 38) likes eminem, and she isnt into commercial music at all. i think em must be doing at least something right...

I didn't know he was getting the Soap Opera watching age group. He's going to need it because fans are feeling tracks like "Big Weenie."

He can't leave soon enough.

God Blessa!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lambert....how many people do u know who listen 2 Emiem also say people like Rakim and KRS-One are the personification of Hip-Hop (cuz they are...that's not opinion, it's fact). Most likely none...the majority of Eminem fans don't even know who they are. U know why, cuz they weren't old enuff 2 know about Hip-Hop when their music waz at the top. U can't compare Eminem's music 2 Rakim's...they aren't similar at all. People who listen 2 quality music like De La Soul's aren't buying Eminem's newer albums.

Everyone has their own opinion on music. There's nothing wrong with that, but quit trying 2 prove that his music is relevant or comparable 2 that of Hip-Hop's greatest. That's just stupid. I like Fan_3's stuff that i've heard so far...creative lyrics, crazy beats, just the kinda stuff i really like. But never will i be comparing her 2 Run-DMC. Her biggest fan (if they would have a knowlege of true Hip-Hop) would never do that. How u gonna say Eminem is simply that good.

Early in Eminem's career, lots of my friends liked his music. Now none of my friends who are true-skool Hip-Hop heads feel that way. The only ones that still do buy his new albums are my 20 year old friend who only listens 2 Top 40 radio and one of my co-workers who practices witchcraft, trys 2 be goth, but talks like a valley girl.

Guest lambertj3

for your info i know quite a few like myself for one and what you said IS BASED ON YOUR OPINOIN you dont speak for everyone outside this board i thought you were smarter than that . however rakim is a lyrical genius by the way

however rakim is a lyrical genius by the way

Then why'd Dr.Dre dump him from Aftermath then? :nhawong: Dr. Dre should respect Rakim's religious beliefs if he doesn't wanna smoke weed, that was an immature and ignorant decision for Dre to do that, I thought that he was smarter than that! :bang: Come on now popularity doesn't make you better than another person 'cause most popular people are egotistical and nothing but gimmicks, there are a lot of mcs like me that're unsigned or underground that have a lot more talent than Eminem and those fake thug mainstream mcs but they're not in it for the money, so a lot of 'em don't get recognized on a mainstream level, and they'd rip all Eminem's gimmick apart if they had a chance! What ur saying is all opinion too 'cause it's not like u've met him or anything right? Like KRS said you gotta "rely on talent, not marketing and promotion", I don't see Eminem rapping for the love anymore, he's only rapping for the money, and another thing it ain't only my opinion 'cause even Stevie Wonder called Eminem a hypocrite too for dissin' Michael Jackson! :ali:

just to put down some facts:

Eminem's new album debuted atop the charts...."Encore" sold 711,000 copies between Friday and Sunday, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The media tracking firm's figures cover all U.S. album sales for the week that ended Sunday.

The release date of Eminem's previous album, 2002's "The Eminem Show," was released four days before its original sale date, selling 285,000 copies in three days.

so, one could argue he is getting more and more popular..dont forget..there are a lot of angry middle school kids who need to buy something to tide them over until the next limp bizkit album..i used to think he was a lyrical genious, and maybe he was..but do you hear the stuff hes putting out? "you make my pepee go..da-da-da-doingg.." :nhawong:

not really the work of a genious..but everyones entitled to their own opinions

I waz thinkin' the same thing...but u can't expect Eminem 2 be that intellegent. After all, wrote and then recorded "Just Lose It." All of Vanillia Ice's music is better than that track.