JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Usher and Ludacris to Make Joint Album

JamesUK

Maybe it's an overseas thing. I've been watching Usher do his thing since i waz 13 years old (that's over 10 years ago) and i've only seen him lipsync a few times. When u do shows like Soul Train, all of the artists lipsync...it's the way they run the show. I've only seen MC Hammer perform totally live on Soul Train back in 1995. I've seen the live shows he's released and most of the award shows he's done an it's only been live. A few years ago he danced 2 "I Need A Girl" with Puffy. His backing vocals were on the track but he didn't even pretend 2 lipsync, he just danced.

I've seen Ludacris perform live. It waz just boring 2 me. A rapper on stage with 2 or 3 people just adlibbing half of his lines while he walked around on the stage for about half an hour.

Maybe it's an overseas thing. I've been watching Usher do his thing since i waz 13 years old (that's over 10 years ago) and i've only seen him lipsync a few times. When u do shows like Soul Train, all of the artists lipsync...it's the way they run the show. I've only seen MC Hammer perform totally live on Soul Train back in 1995. I've seen the live shows he's released and most of the award shows he's done an it's only been live. A few years ago he danced 2 "I Need A Girl" with Puffy. His backing vocals were on the track but he didn't even pretend 2 lipsync, he just danced.

I've seen Ludacris perform live. It waz just boring 2 me. A rapper on stage with 2 or 3 people just adlibbing half of his lines while he walked around on the stage for about half an hour.

^^^then do u want ludacris to dance or somethin? Rap is about the words, the beats, not about doin flashy stuff on stage with pyro. Imagine what Mos Def, Talib Kweli would do if they were on stage. Same with Luda. They walk around and rap. Rap should be that simple. That's enuff 2 entertain most ppl

That's a point to be argued tho. It's a matter of how the lyrics make U feel. That is to be a true statement for a lot of rappers young and old. JJFP and MC Hammer could dance to their stuff. KRS-One and Public Enemy would be leaders of a pack behind them. It doesn't matter, as long as U feel what your doing.

Edited by mfuqua23

i hate it when ppl lip sync bcoz when u hear ppl sing, u want them to do it live and its pointless just watchin some1 move thier mouth, but ive heard sometimes that if there is a TV programme with a lot of artists on, they dont have the equipment for an artists to sing live. But then thats the TV station fault.

Usher has got the ability to sing live unlike some other artists who have to mime bcoz they cant really sing.

Maybe it's an overseas thing.  I've been watching Usher do his thing since i waz 13 years old (that's over 10 years ago) and i've only seen him lipsync a few times.  When u do shows like Soul Train, all of the artists lipsync...it's the way they run the show.  I've only seen MC Hammer perform totally live on Soul Train back in 1995.  I've seen the live shows he's released and most of the award shows he's done an it's only been live.  A few years ago he danced 2 "I Need A Girl" with Puffy.  His backing vocals were on the track but he didn't even pretend 2 lipsync, he just danced.

I've seen Ludacris perform live.  It waz just boring 2 me.  A rapper on stage with 2 or 3 people just adlibbing half of his lines while he walked around on the stage for about half an hour.

^^^then do u want ludacris to dance or somethin? Rap is about the words, the beats, not about doin flashy stuff on stage with pyro. Imagine what Mos Def, Talib Kweli would do if they were on stage. Same with Luda. They walk around and rap. Rap should be that simple. That's enuff 2 entertain most ppl

the point he's trying to make is about the guys behind him saying every 2nd or third word with the rapper - classic example Eminem

watch LL Cool J - he doe's it all himself

watch will smtih - he does it all himself (download the leicester square vid for proof)

these are two examples of how it is supposed to be done neither of them dance around none but on flashy stuff, pyro

they keep it simple just rap and the crowd loves it

Edited by JamesUK

Great artists don't lipsinc at all, that's all I gotta say about that! :ditto: Hey nobody here likes Keith Sweat? :dunno: He may be over 40 now but don't sleep on him, his 2002 "Rebirth" album was great, he could perform circles around Usher anyday, that's the real king of r&b! :bowdown: And as far as Ludacris, there's 1000 mcs better than him, so don't even say that he's a great mc.

Keith Sweat is a legend, but lets be real. He can't "perform circles" around Usher. Keith is a very avearge singer, he's never been a vocal gem in the world of R-N-B. Usher has a voice that wales, dance steps nobody can touch, crowd interaction, and costume changes.

That "Great artists don't lipsync at all" is the silliest thing i've ever heard. Nearly every artist in the business has lipsynced at times, no matter how talented they are. JJ+FP has done it, Run-DMC has done it, TLC has done it, Keith Sweat has done it, and so on. I have video and/or audio footage of it. Sometimes that's just the way things are.

And Ludacris' show waz very boring. If u wanna see a Hip-Hop artist or group do a REAL live show, go see JJ+FP, LL Cool J, KRS-One, Wyclef, Black Eyed Peas, TLC, Run-DMC, Naughty By Nature. They have DJ's, dancers, break dancers, crowd interaction, energy, costume changes, etc. Sometimes people call that stuff "hollywood"...but there's nothing wrong with a good show. Ludacris just rapped his songs over instrumentals. He's flow waz also really sloppy compared 2 the album/studio versions. Nothing is interesting about a guy just on stage rapping with 2 no-name fools walking around screaming half of his lyrics.

Keith Sweat is a legend, but lets be real. He can't "perform circles" around Usher. Keith is a very avearge singer, he's never been a vocal gem in the world of R-N-B. Usher has a voice that wales, dance steps nobody can touch, crowd interaction, and costume changes.

How could you be a legendary R&B singer if you have average vocal talent, in that case anybody can make an R&B album then??!! :nhawong: Let's be real about another thing too, if anyone here is under 18 now, it's a possibility that you were conceived off of a Keith Sweat song. I find Usher's voice annoying but I'll give props for him being an excellent dancer, but don't get it twisted though, he ain't on Michael Jackson's or James Brown's caliber when it comes that, and as far as crowd interaction Keith Sweat could get the ladies more excited than Usher could.

There more 2 being a great artist than vocal talent. Keith Sweat is the man. A great producer, song writer, hit maker, and a singer, but his voice has always been less than incredible. I'm not knocking him, i'm a bit Keith Sweat fan (and one of the few people who did by Rebirth). He's an R-N-B legend, but Usher has that superstar quality going on about him. Why compare them like this...they are R-N-B standouts to 2 different generations. I believe that Usher is gonna be the MJ of the next generation. Just compare his talents and style of 2days standards 2 how MJ did it in the 80's and early 90's. People always hate on who's big. It's the heart behind the artist that makes me like them or dislike them. Usher's got heart and when i hear him sing the stuff he dose, it speaks 2 me as another young male who's gone thru' the same stuff. Then u look at the way he handle's his career. He really goes 4 all that superstardom stuff he's got going 4 him.

I like R. Kelly a lot better than Usher, but that's just personal preference you know, I don't hate on anybody, just 'cause I like r&b doesn't mean I have to listen to everybody, I wouldn't knock R. Kelly 'cause of his personal problems when even Michael Jackson and James Brown get involved in scandals too, nobody's perfect, you could like Usher if you want, I'm just not that much into Usher's music as I am to R. Kelly, Keith Sweat, Guy, and Boyz II Men, I relate to their songs a lot more than I could to Usher, a lot of r&b out now is not as good as it was when Boyz II Men and Keith Sweat were dominating the charts, I think music in general has not been that good since 2000, a lot of stuff seems repetitive/watered down and uncreative. I couldn't knock Usher as much as I could Ludacris 'cause at least he could put a good show together, but that's something that every entertainer should do since they get paid so much more than what the average person does! :ditto:

Yeah, i agree that R-N-B has been a bit watered down since the late 90's. I personally wait on artists like Boyz II Men, Brian McKnight, Mary J. Blige, Usher, Brandy, Jon B, Babyface, Musiq, R. Kelly, and a few others 2 put out dope albums everytime. Over all, i like more current R-N-B than Rap. Most rap these days has nothing 2 do with Hip-Hop and simply isn't any good. Average music is better than just bad music and unless u dig deep and stay current, u won't find any Hip-Hop or good Rap music. If it's on MTV more than 3 times a day, chances are, it isn't any good.