JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

eminem - we as americans

joetwizzy

i dunno man but eminem is a loser, he has to make fun of people to gain momentum for a song. he already made fun of him by saying something like "will smith doesnt have to swear to sell records, but i do, so f him and f u 2."

Who knows. "Just Cruisin'" waz a big hit tho'...at least when it came 2 video play. Since Eminem makes music 4 commerical/pop audience, he always attacks what's popular (or most of his fanbase wouldn't get half of his music. Think about it, on The Slim Shady LP, a great Hip-Hop record, he has that Dee Barnes line in "Guilty Concience." Only Hip-Hop fans would know what he's talking about...outsides wouldn't. With The Marshall Mathers LP, he started attacking people like Backstreet Boys and NSYNC. People with a commerical knowlege of music (often crappy pop stuff) will pick up on that quick. He hasn't made music 4 real Hip-Hop heads in awhile so lots of his lyrics are aimed at things in pop culter. "Just Cruisin'" waz big...if he wants 2 take another shot at FP, that would be it.

Who really cares what Eminem says tho.' He's a joke. All the things that made him good in the beginning are gone. His lyrics aren't impressive anymore, his voice and flow is not only wack and annoying, but he also has no credibility in the world of Hip-Hop anymore. FP joked about his fame fading in the end of 2001...well, i think we are experiencing the first installment of Eminem's fame fading. Think about it, his core audience of supporters (like myself) have abandoned him becuz he abandoned us.

okay I read the lyrics, and in its context, it seems that Eminem is referring to himself as the "rapper slash actor". He did do 8mile-though I wouldn't consider him an actor. I think he's tellin ppl he's a rapper slash actor and everyone can kiss his ass. Still hate em though

true..i agree with the guest..but really, aj is right..his new album is nowheer n ear any of his old ones, from what ive heard..on the new album, you have your standard big radio single, then a song about his daughter hailey, then one about america..yada yada yawn..ive really had it with the guy i wish he would just stop makin music

well if it was to Will just to make us all feel better especially the ppl that dont like eminem, i was cleaning out a cat at work in the vets today. This cat had really bad diarrhea and it pooed all over its newspaper which happened to have a picture of eminem on LMAO!!! :roll: I love that cat now.

So in responce to eminems dumb comments, at least Will doesnt get sh*t on lol. :kekeke:

anyways back to the subject, i think eminem is reffering to himslef with the rapper slash actor lyrics.

I think D-12 would have something to say about that also Julie.

And I agree about Em's album being the same old. Em's never appealed to me as an album buyer status or someone I purposely try 2 find to listen to. I only got Infinite. And I liked that, but even that I got tired of cuz I listened to it too much. So that's my fault.

I watched taht special MTV had on Em. They hyped it up so much, and it was actually nothin. Then a guy I was talkin to about music, felt all bad that he missed it. I told him he didn't miss anything. They show stuff like that day in and day out anyway, so U'll never miss it.

And if things feel worse for hip hop, 50 Cent is suppose to make an '8 Mile' like movie about his life. Somethin' and somethin' I think. I can just imagine the "hype". I don't see how people go crazy over this stuff.

If Eminem is referring 2 himself, it's quite clear who he stole it from. The 'Prince has made that title very popular himself. I think it's funny since Eminem isn't really an actor. And if it's true that 50 Cent plans 2 do a movie about his own life and career, that's mad played out. He hasn't proven himself yet. He's only sold a few million records 2 some 2-dementional-minded teens. I wonder if 50 will back out and beg FP 2 play his part so that people don't have 2 stare at someone so ugly for 2 hours.

• Members

eminem?...50cent?...i can't understand these guys.

first eminem comes, then he's part of a band, D12. the band releases an album. then some of them release an album.

one day a guy named 50cent shot by 9bullets(that's what i've heard...) releases his album with all his tattoos on eminem's label. and you know what? this 50cent has his band! yeah man!!! G-unit!!!!...

in the beginning i thought G was for gay but i've benn told it was gangsta :what: i still don't believe. and you know what? the different members of the band released a solo album too!!!

Damnn'!

I'm sorry but what's wrong with rap music?!!! the last rap album i bought was Outkast Speakerboxx/The love Below. on 20rap music albums, there's only 1 or 2 good albums and surprisingly these are not the more promoted artists... there is always stories about "how i got shot" or "how many people i've killed by selling drugs", damn it who cares about that?!!! Keenen Ivory Wayans should be inspired by such trend to make another "don't be a menace to southcentral while drinking your juice in the hood"like movie!!

So that's only to say i fed up with buying an album a year, so Will, please hurry up releasing your album. Jazzy Jeff's album is unfortunately not yet available in France :what:

I agree the most of y'all!!!

Eminem is an asshole, but a great rapper, nevertheless his new album is not good, really bad and yes, he very often says things about other famous people to make his cash, but all that doesn't matter to me. I like many of his songs and listen to them, but EM hisself is a crying bit** :kekeke: Will Smith is way better than him and that's fo' sho'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

And if EM doesn't agree, then Will can call up Mohammed Ali and he's gonna :ali: Eminem's ass!!! :hilarious:

Edited by E - Style-Greesy - E

I don't understand how people can say he's a great rapper. His voice is so annoying and his flow is boring. He has different flows, the only one i like is the one that sounds like his regular talking voice, which he almost never uses anymore.

If you think Eminem is one the greatest rappers out now then you obviously only listen to pop rap that's on heavy rotation on MTV, try listening to some true hip-hop mcs like KRS-ONE, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, De La Soul, Aceyalone, and Wyclef Jean that have quality albums out now but don't get much or any airplay then you'd say that Eminem is wack, his whole career is overhyped, acting like someone that he's not, he says that he's dope repeatly but hasn't done anything creative enough to prove it, he hasn't grown up yet, at 31 years old, he shouldn't be making corny statements like this anymore, he ain't a teenager anymore, even I'm more mature than he is and I'm 12 years younger than him. :ditto:

Everybody needs something to push up the sells.

And yes, Eminem is a wack rapper... His voice is really annoying.

Its not healthy to take pills against headache everyday, woah I feel like I could puke up my guts when I'm listening to this ****.

Eminem is fake and 50 and his Gangsta Crew too.

Its really sad to see how they're making their money.

So turn off MTV and buy real HipHop albums (if you have enough money)!

JJFP Back 4 2005! and they'll rock the HOUSE, yooo!!!