JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

when pre-ordering at amazon

Alien

i had a quick quastion, i know there is a post on this already, but if we pre-order Fresh Prince of Bel Air on DVD from amazon, does it get here on they of release, or does it get shipped out on day of release? i have only bought things that are already out from amazon, so i was woundering if you could help me.

go with play.com they usually post it before, sometimes you get it a day or two early

All mainstream music distributers send stuff out on the day it's released. The only way u can get your hands on stuff b4 it comes out is if u get advanced promo copies from someone who got the hook up or is associated with the label/company. If any mainstream distributer of electronics sells and item b4 it's street date, they'll get fined and additional legal action could be taken. Of course, mistakes like that happen. I waz at Circuit City a month ago and they accidentally put a DVD on the shelf that wazn't supposed 2 be released for 4 more days. Also, back in 1997, i got Big Willie Style 2 days b4 it got released becuz Wal-Mart accidently put a few copies on the shelves.

Basically if u ever pre-order stuff, it's a waste of time and money cuz u can go pick it up in the store on the day it's released, usually on sale and of course u don't have 2 pay shipping. Pre-ordering is only really benificial if u know u won't find certin items where u live.

to reply to AJ - play.com don't charge shipping. their cd's movies and games are all cheaper than store prices and whatever you order usually comes in stock a few days early - it doesn't just happen to me by accident they always do it

they operate on a small island outside of the UK so they don't get fined

so i wouldn't call it a waste of time

Yeah, i guess if it comes from a company that isn't located in the US, the same laws don't apply so they have more freedom with how they distribute stuff. That's a good thing 2 keep in mind when ordering stuff online.

It's certainly not a waste of time if like me, you are unable to access any decent shops everyday. Plus, it's good for lazy people like me too lol :kekeke:

:werd: me too! I dont have time to shop, plus u can CDs a lot cheaper from the USA, our stuff is so expensive in the UK, even with p and p its cheaper.