JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LIFESAVAS

JumpinJack AJ

Me and Tim did a music trade a few months ago and he sent me a Hip-Hop -N- Soul Mixtape he made. Most of the artists i knew of but a few of them i didn't. One of them waz a Hip-Hop group called Lifesavas. The 2 trax by them on the CD impressed me so much that i picked up the album 2day (titled "Spirit In Stone").

Anyways, all true-skool Hip-Hop heads should check it out. Their rhymes are postive, intellectual, and 4 the most part, totally tasteful (clean). The production is also flawless. These guys got skills. If u like JJ+FP, De La Soul, Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest, J-Live, and other similar artists, u'll love this album.

Thanx 4 skoolin' me on this group, Tim!!

• Admin

yeah they are a great group! they are also pretty religious..if you pick up on that listening to the album.. so you get some spiritual, clean, positive rap..with some banging beats..chuck d called em one of the best new groups to come out.. everyone should check out the album spirit in stone..dope stuff!! :clap: :clap:

I waz amazed that they could put an album 2gether this ill without big label support. Usually not being commercial and on a big label dose effect the music no matter how talented u are...but there's no signs of that here. I love albums where u can listen 2 them the whole way thru' that have rhymes that actually make u think and not make u feel like crap when u are don't listening 2 them.

As i waz listening 2 it, it waz like i waz in a time warp, it waz like these guys continued making quality music from the mid-90's and that the mainstream scene of Hip-Hop/Rap waz never effected by the rise of Bad Boy Records, Nelly, Ja-Rule, Jay-Z, G-Unit, Ludacris, Chingy stuff. Hip-Hop heads should all get this album, just take our words for it. If u are newer 2 Hip-Hop, then give this album a listen and hear what's not getting played, but what it's relaly all about.

I'll try to check it out. What record label are they signed to? Do they have a website?

• Admin

quannum is quality... the lyrics born album "later that day" was one of my favorite albums from 2003..i just got the maroons album and thats really dope.. yeah the album is great..they can have some fun too..favorite tracks "me" "fa show" "selector" "livin time/life"

Their website is www.lifesavas.com.

They are signed 2 Quannum Projects (www.quannum.com)

Thanks! :thumb: